Used 2003 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe Sedan Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

my review
By Mike

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I took a chance on this vehicle. I own the Taurus SEL deluxe model. New, this vehicle is $24,000. I bought this car for 10,700. Talk about depreciation. Yea for second owners. Had only 14,700 miles in the summer of 2006 when I bought this car. This car is built very well. It is loaded with all the same amenities of a $40,000 car. It rides very nice, and I am extremely pleased that I have it.

Moon roof, acceleration, quality, interior, speaker system, compass, and climate control. I could go on.

None. Ford outdid themselves on the SEL deluxe edition.

IF only the brakes worked!
By daisyq07

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The interior color gray is kind of boring. But my huge concern is the brake system. If I have to stop quickly and I press down on the brakes, it will stop THEN keep going after it stops! It is very scary and I feel totally unsafe. I had them checked 3 times and each time I was told that it is just the way the car is. Be very careful if you get this car! It is very roomy. The seats are not comfortable after a short ride. It is kind of sporty looking and can switch lanes quickly, which is nice.

Roomy.

Fix the darn brakes.

2003 SEL Taurus
By Carpoof

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am very happy with this vehicle. It is very smooth and overall there have not been any problems with it. It feels much more solid than the older Tauruses.

I love the wood trim interior and the 400-watt Mach Audio system. The two tone leather seats are nice too.

The body could be a little stiffer. It is definitely not a sports car, but still handles well.

Love my Ford
By karni

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

One year ago I was shopping for a car. I think I got a deal, and purchased an almost new, fully loaded 2003 Ford Taurus SEL Centennial Edition beauty with 7000 miles on it. Paid $14,000 plus $1500 premium extended warranty for 6 years or 75,000 miles. She was reliable. Love this car. I replaced factory tail lights with Altezza euro tail lights so she looks cool now. It still looks sharp on the roads; you might see many copycats around, as Hondas, Lexus and Toyotas. They are not fast enough to copy Focus and Taurus. If you are looking for Taurus, Duratec engine is a must. You will enjoy good acceleration.

Everything.

None. Taurus will be discontinued this year so there is no reason to improve something. Rear disc brakes would be nice.

love this car
By roy vexler

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

great car, only complaint is resale
value!!! buy it to keep it and get
extended warentee as cheap as can so u
can drive care free till payed for. had
car 4 15 months and lost 5,000.00 on
depreachation allready!! and i got it
at ford x price!!! we will keep till
payed off and see how we still like it,
by then will be worth only 6-8 thousand.

power/handling boy can this car go in the snow!!!!!!

cup holder spots/arm rest spot