Used 2001 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Ruined 3 months of my life!!
By Ilovemike2323

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my taurus used, at the beginning of this year. It was in pretty good condition when I got it, then it started leaking all the time. It turned out it was transmission fluid all along, and this went on for about a week, and when i went to drive it one day, the transmission was just ruined. I had it towed many times to shops and it would be fixed for a short while and do the same thing. I finally got rid of it and am getting a jetta next week. I would not recommend this car to anyone its a piece of junk and will only take money out of your pocket and the gas mileage stunk.

Interior look, sporty exterior, very roomy inside

TRANSMISSION, air conditioner, windows make weird noise when you put them up or down, sound system was horrible

A Swiss Watch From Ford
By Paul Blood

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been the most reliable car my wife and I have ever owned. We bought it as a rental return with about 16,000(?) miles on it. It now has 116,000 miles on it and has not required a single repair. This Ford Taurus has required fewer repairs than the Honda Civic and Subaru Loyale that we owned in the past. The pushrod V-6 in the Taurus does not give hot rod performance, but hey you don't buy a Taurus to drag race it. It starts every time you twist the key, has a huge trunk, is comfortable, and gets decent gas mileage.

Reliability and the huge trunk

Nicer interior, better instrument layout. 30-40 more horsepower wouldn't hurt either. I think everything I could suggest would make it significantly more expensive and I bought the car because of its low price. I dont know if I would change anything.

Greatest sedan ever!!
By Lucas

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I never thought I would appreciate this car as much as I do. Other cars have come and gone but my taurus keeps on keeping on. Never had to replace anything. I maintain it religiously and it treats me just as well. Pushing 150K miles and showing no signs of slowing down. Love the look of the new 2010's and hope to be able to get one.

Great interior quality, great engine quality, tons of interior space(I'm 6ft 4)

None! Absolutely no complaints on this one!

Best Used Car I have Owned
By TMINJ

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this 01 SE in Feb 2008 with 103K Miles. Now have 140K Miles on it and it still runs excellent! Gas mileage is around 25 MPG and I am a little heavy with the right foot. I was always a little skeptical of buying a used car, but this one has proved me wrong. It was well serviced from the beginning and the only problem I had was the need to replace the front springs on the car at about 136K. Even with the miles on the car, it still runs great and is not burning any oil. I would highly recommend this vehicle for a daily commuter car. It is not a bundle of power, but it will run 65-70 all day long. I am commutting 100 miles per day and it has not let me down. Very well built car.

The SE version didnt come with many options. Power driver seat is great. Didnt notice the manual lumbar support under the right side of the driver seat for a good year after purchased. Was shocked it was there, but glad I found it. Car handles very well in the snow as well! Silver paint looks good

Four Wheel Disc Brakes. Drums in the back are okay but do show some fade in heavy breaking. 5 Speed Auto would have been nice, but for a 4 speed auto gas mileage is not bad. Tacks under 2000 at 60 MPH.

Update
By 2bigfoot

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Did review at 220,000 miles and had few problems, mainly front brake rotors. No matter what brand they still seem to want to warp.This gives pulsation while braking. At almost 275,000 miles had to replace the serpentine belt and radiator hoses. Still getting 27 mpg. A friend of mine has a 2000 model and has had many more repairs than mine with only 120,000 miles.

Adjustable pedals