Used 2001 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Exceeded Expectations
By kman

2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just as the title states, the Taurus really exceeded expectations. We almost got in an accident during the test drive when a huge truck swerved in our lane. It handled beautifully, it is surprisingly nimble for a 'large car'. We also get complements all the time about how nice the car looks! I know! It is a basic white FORD TAURUS! We bought it for safety, affordability, and to get us another 100k miles, but we secretly thought it looked pretty sweet ourselves! We would recommend the Taurus to anyone who wants a reliable, comfortable, affordable (and pretty cool)car.

Sweet Wheels(Stock); Interior Roominess and Comfortability; Nimbleness and Manueverability; Braking Ability

Could improve fuel economy, but being a 'large car', I guess it's expected.

Best car I've had so far
By paris2325

2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2001 for taurus se flex fuel, that was a fleet vehicle for the state of Idaho. I bought it at 121,000 miles, and it has a rust pattern under the engine that indicates it has already blown the head gasket. Heard lots of horror stories about Fords, but this car has not had to have 1 bit of mechanic help. It runs great, is currently at 135,000 miles, you'd never be able to tell!! on the down side, Im taking it for an inspection, I suspect some kind of transmission issue. Hopefully its not going out, but It won't surprise me to hear that. my camaro is way more fun to drive, but my taurus great for my 4 year old. love this car.

Ruined 3 months of my life!!
By Ilovemike2323

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my taurus used, at the beginning of this year. It was in pretty good condition when I got it, then it started leaking all the time. It turned out it was transmission fluid all along, and this went on for about a week, and when i went to drive it one day, the transmission was just ruined. I had it towed many times to shops and it would be fixed for a short while and do the same thing. I finally got rid of it and am getting a jetta next week. I would not recommend this car to anyone its a piece of junk and will only take money out of your pocket and the gas mileage stunk.

Interior look, sporty exterior, very roomy inside

TRANSMISSION, air conditioner, windows make weird noise when you put them up or down, sound system was horrible

A Swiss Watch From Ford
By Paul Blood

2001 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been the most reliable car my wife and I have ever owned. We bought it as a rental return with about 16,000(?) miles on it. It now has 116,000 miles on it and has not required a single repair. This Ford Taurus has required fewer repairs than the Honda Civic and Subaru Loyale that we owned in the past. The pushrod V-6 in the Taurus does not give hot rod performance, but hey you don't buy a Taurus to drag race it. It starts every time you twist the key, has a huge trunk, is comfortable, and gets decent gas mileage.

Reliability and the huge trunk

Nicer interior, better instrument layout. 30-40 more horsepower wouldn't hurt either. I think everything I could suggest would make it significantly more expensive and I bought the car because of its low price. I dont know if I would change anything.

Greatest sedan ever!!
By Lucas

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I never thought I would appreciate this car as much as I do. Other cars have come and gone but my taurus keeps on keeping on. Never had to replace anything. I maintain it religiously and it treats me just as well. Pushing 150K miles and showing no signs of slowing down. Love the look of the new 2010's and hope to be able to get one.

Great interior quality, great engine quality, tons of interior space(I'm 6ft 4)

None! Absolutely no complaints on this one!