Used 2001 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

I love it
By greenville sc

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just love my Taurus! I am now having to put it to rest due to the transmission giving out on my. I really want to repair but it would not be worth it to put in $2000 and then have other problems start happening. I will be at the Ford dealership to purchase another. Sadden...

Handling

Love my Taurus
By PAT

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own a "supposed" luxury car as well as my Ford Taurus. There is no comparison between the Ford and my other car. The other vehicle cost twice as much new and is a piece of junk. The Ford has over 100,000 miles on it and I have not had to make any major repairs. It is a reliable car that is worth every penny that I spent for it.

Steady car
By TJMc

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A reliable affordable family sedan with decent reliability. I bought the car with less than 15,000 on it in 2003. When maintenance was needed the parts costs were low compared to other cars. Styling was blah. I took care of this vehicle with Oil, tranny and antifreeze changes and it took care of me. Only extraordinary repairs I had were a broken rear coil spring. Air conditioning compressor had to be rebuilt at 110,000. Unfortunately the vehicle was rear ended at 122,000 in July 2009 resulting in the ins company totaling it. Otherwise my son would still be driving it. Good value and reliability for the buck.

Reliability, low repair costs.

Car didn't have the latest safety options, and it had rear drum brakes which worked fine but disk brakes are better. Unfortunately Ford discontinued this model

Exceeded Expectations
By kman

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just as the title states, the Taurus really exceeded expectations. We almost got in an accident during the test drive when a huge truck swerved in our lane. It handled beautifully, it is surprisingly nimble for a 'large car'. We also get complements all the time about how nice the car looks! I know! It is a basic white FORD TAURUS! We bought it for safety, affordability, and to get us another 100k miles, but we secretly thought it looked pretty sweet ourselves! We would recommend the Taurus to anyone who wants a reliable, comfortable, affordable (and pretty cool)car.

Sweet Wheels(Stock); Interior Roominess and Comfortability; Nimbleness and Manueverability; Braking Ability

Could improve fuel economy, but being a 'large car', I guess it's expected.

Best car I've had so far
By paris2325

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2001 for taurus se flex fuel, that was a fleet vehicle for the state of Idaho. I bought it at 121,000 miles, and it has a rust pattern under the engine that indicates it has already blown the head gasket. Heard lots of horror stories about Fords, but this car has not had to have 1 bit of mechanic help. It runs great, is currently at 135,000 miles, you'd never be able to tell!! on the down side, Im taking it for an inspection, I suspect some kind of transmission issue. Hopefully its not going out, but It won't surprise me to hear that. my camaro is way more fun to drive, but my taurus great for my 4 year old. love this car.