Used 2001 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

No Bull About It!
By dirtbroker

2001 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 2001 SEL 24valve DOHC w/ 41K...now 108k...not a bad ride...reliable...expect to rack up another 30k...hopefully, I'll make it and then dump it...I hate cars...it gets me from Pt. A to Pt. B...simply it's transportation...I might treat myself to a better car...because I've earned it....Lexus LS 460 or BMW 535 xi or MB E350.

Solid Car
By Rossi

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car used in 2002 with 26,000 miles on it. Now had 185,000 and the engine still runs like new. Still has the original muffler and exhaust system, this is amazing for Vermont. The undercarriage has very little rust. Only trouble spots are the rear wheel wells which nee body work at this point. Front Rotors warp when replace with original equipment, but once I change to a premium rotor from another company, no problems with the rotors. On the whole this has been a great car with low maintenance. Looking to replace with another Ford with the same 3.0 liter 6. This thing is a work horse.

Better original equipment rotors. Need to solve rear wheel well rust problem.

I love it
By greenville sc

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just love my Taurus! I am now having to put it to rest due to the transmission giving out on my. I really want to repair but it would not be worth it to put in $2000 and then have other problems start happening. I will be at the Ford dealership to purchase another. Sadden...

Handling

Love my Taurus
By PAT

2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own a "supposed" luxury car as well as my Ford Taurus. There is no comparison between the Ford and my other car. The other vehicle cost twice as much new and is a piece of junk. The Ford has over 100,000 miles on it and I have not had to make any major repairs. It is a reliable car that is worth every penny that I spent for it.

Steady car
By TJMc

2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A reliable affordable family sedan with decent reliability. I bought the car with less than 15,000 on it in 2003. When maintenance was needed the parts costs were low compared to other cars. Styling was blah. I took care of this vehicle with Oil, tranny and antifreeze changes and it took care of me. Only extraordinary repairs I had were a broken rear coil spring. Air conditioning compressor had to be rebuilt at 110,000. Unfortunately the vehicle was rear ended at 122,000 in July 2009 resulting in the ins company totaling it. Otherwise my son would still be driving it. Good value and reliability for the buck.

Reliability, low repair costs.

Car didn't have the latest safety options, and it had rear drum brakes which worked fine but disk brakes are better. Unfortunately Ford discontinued this model