Used 2000 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Yes I Would Buy Another One
By philpill1

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car since 2002. During that time I replaced 2 coilpacks (DOHC engine), a DPFE sensor and replaced some vacum lines. I also own a 05 Dodge Dakota but on long trips we prefer to use the Taurus. The Dodge is good too but get gas mileage with the Taurus (28 mpg vs 19 for the Dodge).

Best new car I've owned
By Josh W.

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I average 18K miles per year. Only replaced one vacuum hose, tires a few times, changed the oil on time and replaced the drivers side power mirror when a deer ran into me. Still on original shocks, plugs and A/C charge. Just this week the cigar lighter circuit shorted out so my GPS won't charge. Power door locks failed a few years back and the cruise control will not "resume" any longer. Brake light in rear window is too large, corrected in newer models. At ten years old with over 180K miles...no complaints from this owner.

Very powerful dual overhear cam engine. Comfortable front seats. Good visibility except for rear brake light hump in back window.

Not Such A Bad Ride
By Fordowner

2000 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

To tell you the truth I bought this vehicle without even looking at it. But since then I have only had to repair the regular things sensors brakes windshield wipers all cosmetic stuff. I love the get up it has. Awesome acceleration and plus she sounds awesome. I love all the room and the sound system. plus this car is over 10 years old and she still cleans up very very nice. It has over 137K on it but drives like new if you ask me! Great Purchase awesome investment fun to Drive. And I work for Chevy. We should make cars like this all day long!

sound system, very roomy, color, bucket seats, peppy engine.

Cant think of any at this time

Much better than earlier models
By stealthfd

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

We have over 100k on this wagon. Great suburban hauler,good for shopping and 2x80 lbs dogs. mileage is ok. brakes are poor, do an upgrade (baer or sho); rear springs too soft, esp. for a wagon. shocks/struts upgraded for better handling. minor front end work. no engine/trans. problems (vs. prior models) cheaper than European wagons. not many aftermarket goods. some torque steer. decent acceleration. tapered rear entry limits many big items that would have fit if square opening. front coil replaced at 30k but broke at 70k, puncture tire on freeway curve; almost hit the wall!

low cost, easy to repair anywhere good hauler with good mileage. style ahead of it's time.

brakes, shocks/struts. put on transmission cooler. seat heater. better power seat controls.

Great Car, Seats8, Holds More than SUV!!
By triedandtrue

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

I purchased this car as an alternative to a minivan or SUV. Loved the fact that it seats 8 (three front row seat belts, three second row, and two more with flip up third row seat.) The wide opening at the back is amazing - held more than our minivan or previous SUV when hauling furniture, kids, building materials, etc. Car was VERY reliable, just oil changes and basic maintenance. This car was an EXCELLENT value for us. Planned to keep it just a couple years but can't bear to part with it - it's been a great all-around car!

Seats eight, fold down seating allowed us to move furniture, building materials. Loved third row seat when we were carpooling with extra kids. Reliability was A+!

None - it serves us well!