Used 2000 Ford Taurus SES Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

'00 Taurus SES
By RD

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Bought a low mileage, SES with duratec engine. Can't say enough about the car. Build quality is excellent. Duratec engine is strong & powerful. I had a Sable before this SES, with Vulcan engine and there's no comparison. Clean, bold lines with none of the nanny features that are present today's vehicle. Straight forward and reliable is this SES, you can find many bargains on used Taurus & Sables.

Duratec engine, clean lines of the interior and exterior, smooth stout ride. No nanny features.

More mpg.

Reliable SES
By Buddy4

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Has been a very reliable car, never have had anything fail or break down. The only expenses have been routine maintainence items, i.e. belts, hoses, battery, tires, etc.

Solid comfortable ride, very roomy inside, and great flexibility carrying things with its large trunk and fold down rear seats.

Perhaps a little more powerful engine. I've got the smaller V-6 with 155 HP. It's adequete, but on the plus side I'm getting good gas mileage, 20MPG city, 24 MPG combined, 27 MPG highway.

Fantastic Car
By rmw313

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for about 1 1/2 years. It now has 90,000 miles and I never had any problems with it. I love this car. It's so much fun to drive. The only drawback is the fuel economy. I usually get about 22 mpg. But other than that this is an amazing car!

The power of the 24v DOHC engine!

Better fuel economy.

A nice surprise!
By mike32779

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

This was originally my company car. I picked it up new in 7/00, drove it for 3+ years, and bought it from GE Fleet Leasing at 60,000 miles when it was due to be turned in. I got a new company car (2003 Impala) and gave the Taurus to my son. He's still driving it, and there have been no major breakdowns or failures. I am really very impressed with the vehicle. A winner!

Stable, surefooted ride. Sticks to the road like a magnet.

Ford, I'm looking forward to seeing your next generation Taurus.

Surprises, Surprises...
By PGH_FORD

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

I bought this Taurus SES new in 2000. It had no major problems for the first three years, other than 3 recalls. After 3 years things got interesting. At 44K, one of the rear coil springs snapped which destroyed a new tire as well as a rear strut. I ended up having to have both rear springs replaced, a new strut mount, 2 new struts, a new tire, and an alignment. The cost was over $1,500. The kicker was, this very problem was considered a safety recall on the front wheels, but not the back. Ford Customer service was not helpful. At 60,000 miles, my transmission began leaking fluid all over the garage floor. This ended up costing me $925 to for new gaskets and a torque converter.

I like the exterior styling and the 24 valve V6 engine is powerful.

I only drive my car 10,000 miles per year and take good care of it. I have been very surprised at some of the repairs I have had to make to this car. They just don't make any sense for the amount of mileage and car age. I have decided my next car will not be a Ford.