Used 1995 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Bit the Dust
By Texas Blondell

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I never had a problem with this car breaking down. I had it checked every six months. The ABS kicked in when it was supposed to. This car was very reliable. enjoyed having this car. The disappointment was that even though being well maintained the major parts, i.e. engine and transmission just went with age. I have a good looking exterior car but it is worthless because the repairs are too costly.

Surprised
By Taurus

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as a beater. Havent heard good things about Taurus's, but think it might be due to the nondescript styling. Bought the car cheap with 104,000 miles. Everything works. Have taken it on two road trips so far, did great. Very pleased with my cheap purchase

Power drivers seat. Radio controls on dash by steering wheel. Good ride.

More power, the car struggles on uphill on ramps. but it is 12 years old

Do Not Buy This Car!
By jemone2005

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

My wife parents bought this car for us because our 1994 Cavalier(which was a good car) got wrecked and we were having hard times. I told them not to do it! They paid $3000 for it. The check engine light came on after my wife got it home that same day. Where do I begin with the problems? Broken speedometer, cloudy headlights, multiple emission problems (catalytic converter costs $450+installation in 2004!), bad transmission, poor gas mileage, cheaply made seals so something always leaks. I know it is 2006, so if you re looking for a cheap secondary car do not buy this one. The reason people are selling Tauruses for a song with very little miles is because they want to get it out of the driveway.

The radio I installed. The fact that I am getting rid of it soon.

Everything! In 2 1/2 years have spent over $4k trying to keep it going. STAY AWAY.

Money was worth it
By larieaux

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I actually bought this car for $1300 from a gas station with lots of hidden problems with it. About a week after purchase my car wouldn't start because my starter had died then that same day after getting it fixed my car had to be towed again because I had blown fuses. After that the car was loud but it ran great. When i finally gathered up enough to get the exhaust work done I found out that I had no catalytic converters. This was after I replaced the rear struts and sway bar links and battery. Then I found out I had a nasty leak in the main transmission seal which possessed me to sell it after everything we had been through together. but over all that the car got me where I needed to be.

Interior I guess...maybe I don't have any.

Better transmission PLEASE! When I bought the car it already had a 1 year old rebuilt one in it. Now it's going again?

yeehaw
By luvdenise

1995 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

This car is super reliable, super-quick, and I feel super-safe. However, it doesn't have the best fuel economy and it's not getting the "Most Beautiful Car Award" But, it's been a trooper and seen 2 children through high school without ever breaking down. That makes this a million dollar car!

Super-duper comfort. Feels almost like a Lincoln. Ummm, good speakers, really cold air, really, really quick takeoffs.

Fuel economy.