Used 1995 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

A Mid-Size Classic
By asylum111

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I've had this car since Fall '95 when it had 12,500 miles on it. She'd been a program car and was still basically new. It now has 203,000 miles on it, and I wouldn't take anything for it. For an older V-6, the performance is excellent, both from a stop, and on the top end. Handling is not outstanding, but decent enough that I've had a lot of fun with it. Comfort is first- class, and I'd put it up against most any more expensive luxury car made in the mid-90s. Fuel economy is still good, and I get about 25 mpg in mixed driving. I have gotten low 32 or so on long trips, and all-city mpg is nothing to sneeze at at 19. She's had many minor problems, but nothing major.

Roomy, comfortable, safe, fun, fast, outstanding body integrity, front and side visibility, superior engine and transmission reliability

Bigger cup holders that are located somewhere other than next to the radio. Better, more reliable brakes. Smoother, more reliable suspension. Smoother ride. Better overall eliability, slightly better rear visibility

'95 Taurus for delivery!
By Doris

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

I bought this car to deliver mail on a 90mi./day rural route. I've been using it for 3 1/2 years and have had no problems. With only the cost of maintenance to worry about, I can afford the gas no problem! (14.5 mi/gal delivering | 22 mi/gal driving around town) With only 145k miles on it, I I'll keep it going until she dies on me - and then I will buy the new generation Taurus.

Size, look, comfort, and reliability.

A little more towing power and speed.

Great run around car
By Siouxze

1995 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

I think that this is a great little car for getting around in, but not necessarly for long trips. I got good gas mileage, and it always starts every time. The ignition does stay on sometimes even after I take the key out, but then it dings like I left the keys in so I just turn it off. This was my Mom's car and she only drove it about 3000 a year, and in the year that I've had it it's held up to two kids, a teen and a toddler and all my running around. At first when she bought it I was mad, but now I'm glad, its a great little family car, but I still need my bigger SUV or Mini Van for bigger outings.

Dash controls,stereo controls by steering wheel, cargo cover and third row "rumble" seat, and gas mileage.

Better cup holders and more of them, larger glove box, automatic daytime running lights

Great Buy
By John G.

1995 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 1996 from a Ford dealer. It had 21,000 miles and in perfect condition. This has been my family car as well as a business use car. There have been no major problems with the car and it is in great condition. The body is in great shape with one door dimple. There are a couple of dimples on the roof from a hail storm but barely noticible. The interior is in good shape and is clean. The tires are Goodyear tires and are like new. The car has never been in an accident of any kind. The oil was changed at about 4,000 miles. There is a rattle up front that could be associated with the shock absorber. Mechanic could not find it.

The car gets great mileage and it still looks good. This could be a great car for a student or someone who is operating on a low budget. Mechanically the car is in good shape..

There is a rattle up front that I do not know what is causing it. A mechanic has looked for it and cannot find the reason. There is a "light out" indicater but for the last 11 years I have not been able to find any lights out. I think it is a faulty indicater.

Dependable little first car
By gibsonguitar

1995 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

This is my first car, I have ever owned. I bought it all in cash. So far since ownership I have had two major problems. Both problems were, fortunately, easy to fix. Rack and Pinion system was bad, and was replaced. And lastly, while driving, a strut broke on the left front with no prior indication or warning, taking the front left shock with it. The engine could use a little more kick and transmission is a little clunky and noisy. All in all this has been a great car. Durable engine fires every time the key is turned. Heat and AC excellent.

Tight, smooth handling. Good AC and heat

Transmission is clunky and nosiy. Hard shifts at low speed. Alignment is funky, needs to be aligned occasionally with for no reason.