Used 1994 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Solid car
By Average driver

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car at auction 3 years ago for $100. Best $100 dollars I ever spent. It had 150k miles when I bought it. Now has 185k. I had to replace oil pan, put new shocks on it, but runs great. I really didn't baby it either. I'm a fairly aggressive driver. Did other standard maintenance, tune up, oil change, etc. Sad to say I may have killed it. Had it parked on a steep hill in 15 degree weather, and about a quart low on transmission fluid. Didn't let it warm up and transmission started slipping. Its been slipping, and not got any worse for about 2 months. I'm currently shopping for a new car. Tempted to get the 2010 Taurus...

Roomy, old, cheap so I don't mind dogging it every now and again.

None

Transmission Troubles
By Boo Taurus

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 when it had 90,000 miles. Within 4 months the transmission went out. Had to have it rebuilt. 30,000 miles later the transmission has failed again. (Yes, I only put 30k miles on it in 9 years.) I'm not having it fixed this time. Let the junk man have it. I'm buying a Toyota!!!!

It's a comfortable car to drive.

Piece of Junk
By Kent

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 116k miles. Almost immediatly had to replace the radiator, power steering, oil pan and valve gaskets, and both rear bushings. Gets terrible gas mileage, transmission slips, check engine light is always on, rides like crap, 3.0l v- 6 is painfully slow, and every interior piece sqeaks and rattles to the point I want to kill myself.

This car was very comfortable

Build it better, and its ugly

Running it until it dies
By demonspeed

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I was doing some reminiscing about my parents car - their Taurus. They bought this car when I was still in HS, and I learned to drive on the thing. It's been over a decade since, and they still have the car. Approaching 200k miles, they've rebuilt the transmission twice, replaced the alternator once and replaced the rear springs twice. Other than that, it's needed nothing. I blame the second transmission rebuild on a bad rebuild in the first place. Nonetheless, this car has seen it all and it still keeps going. My parents, as frugal as they are, will not ever get rid of it until it's absolutely dead. Oddly enough, I don't see it happening any time soon.

I remember how neat it was having the cruise on the steering wheel. Also, the radio controls near the steering wheel on the dash - or on the stereo itself - a convenience safety feature - just seemed new and interesting back in the mid 90's. Theirs was that ugly light green color, though, bleh.

They're still building them, and the 2010 model looks great. The only thing my parents GL was missing was the package labeled SHO...

This Car Is A Lemon...
By poofusnoof

1994 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I got this car in 01, and its been nothing but trouble since we brought it home. We took it for a test drive..all seemed well, then we brought it home, and after you stop, and press the accelorator nothing would happen, and then your tires would squeal, and your off. We got the transmission rebuilt twice and looked at again, it still jumps BEFORE and AFTER you stop. PLUS I had to fix both shocks AND struts, Radiator, Water Pump, Motor Mount,Thermostat, Muffler, And for some reason the only power window that works is the drivers side, and the power locks dont work unless you press the lock button really fast, at least 12 times. Theres alot wrong with this car, But I Dont have room to list it!

When I get Out Of It.