Used 1993 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

neat car, but watch out
By nathan

1993 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

The ONLY reason you should buy an SHO is for the same reason I did. Because you think it's a cool car. That, and the performance are this car's redeeming features. You're gonna get lousy mileage (18-19 highway maybe). My SHO broke about once a month, usually the brakes. The brakes are absolutely ridiculous, and you probably won't have the trouble I did, but I'm changing pads and calipers every other weekend it feels like. Mileage is poor, and all the Ford parts pretty much fall apart, but the Yamaha engine is solid as a rock and you'll never have take a wrench to it. Transmission has been replaced and still doesn't work that well (I have the auto). I have 146,000 miles on it.

It's a rare car, hard to find, and people who know the difference between an SHO and a Taurus are always going to compliment it. Leather, sunroof, power features rock my socks and I love the interior. Engine is awesome. It's a very stealthy fast car.

Yamaha should have made the whole car. Be careful if you buy one, bad mileage, FAR from reliable, but it's a sweet ride and I love it to death but sometimes I just want to drive it into a tree.

Get up and go with newer engine
By roadrunner6700

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

Very good, reliable car. I've owned many cars but this is a tough car with the new engine.Tough also on impact; I accidentally ran into a brick house and when I backed out it had no body damage, except one small scratch on the hood. Very reliable and TOUGH.

Power combined with gas mileage.

None so far.

fully loaded
By eric

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I love this car, it’s the best that I owned. I have a fully loaded GL model. I drove smaller vehicles and as soon as I purchased this one I fell in love with the Taurus. Soooo comfortable and smooth it is just relaxing to drive around and home from work. I suggest the Taurus to anyone.

Fully loaded and cheap to own and buy.

Rear suspension sags a little with some weight in the trunk.

I must be lucky
By doug

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

I bought this car in 1998. I have put over 90,000 miles on it since. Not having problems with the transmission just average maintenance done and a few minor repairs but has been a very good car for me and my family. Sorry for all of you that had all those problems.

Good looking car, very dependable for me.

Always could be better but if it's not broke I am not going to complain.

Wonderful Car
By Ryan

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I love my '93 Taurus. I use it everyday as a commuter car. This car has a lot of power on the freeway. Have had very few problems with the car.

A/C is very cold in the summer, parts are easy to find,

Cupholders can only hold a very small cup.