Used 1993 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Gets the job done
By Tuna

1993 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

Have had my Taurus for over a year now and no major problems yet. I've beat the heck out of this car (taken it offroading, hit a good few curbs). It's slow and the acceleration is pretty mediocre at best and not to mention it's one of the ugliest cars on the road. But it takes a lot to kill one of these things. All my power windows and locks still work - radio still works fine. Wiper's are starting to short out and the one door won't open from the inside but that's about it. If you're very frugal and you need a car that will last then get a Taurus. If you want something good looking then buy anything else.

Good construction. Roomy interior and trunk. Cheap. Low repair costs, parts easy to find.

Ugly. Horrible mileage (16mpg).

Listen Up Ford! Make the SHO again
By Flip's SHO

1993 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I have owned my SHO for a little over 11 years now. I thought about trading it 4 years ago, but I could not bring myself into parting with it. It is so much better than the "sucked in sides" Taurus on the market now. Mine's a beat up old workhorse which I have admittedly abused of late, but my repair bill for last year was a little over $600 ($200 of which was for a couple of new tires). In fact the only major repairs I've experienced in all this time was a rebuilt transmission ($1600 at 130,000 miles) and a bottom end oil seal and water pump repair ($900 at 115,000 miles). I figure every month I keep this car is another car payment I put in my pocket. Fun to drive, hugs the curves and fast.

Great suspension. Fast and durable Yamaha motor. The inflatable lumbar supports and side bolsters make the long trips easier.

Ford, bring back the original SHO that you made until '95 (with modern conveniences, of course) and get rid of that awful SEL!

Wish they still made them!
By FDeMella

1993 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have ever owned, no driven! Awesome quick and handles great. I get almost 30 mpg highway. Interior is comfortable. Four doors made this car the perfect car for me; I can fit my family in it and still have a kicking sports car.

Torque! I also like the climate control and sound. Driver's seat has nice bolsters and lat wings. Yamaha motor is the bomb.

Bring this car back into production - but with the Yamaha motor.

Disappointed by another FORD
By Disappointed

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Wagon

Worst car I ever owned, by far. I could have bought a brand new car with all the money I spent on repairs and every time I think this is it, what else can go wrong, mechanically this is now a new car. I drive the car lightly on open roads to work. I am fanatical on maintenance but this has not stopped the never ending repairs. Engine, transmission, water pump, alternator, fuel injectors, radiator, heater core, air conditioner, window motors, Every electric gizmo you can think of, the whole front suspension, whole braking system. I can't think of any mechanical or electric component that has not been replaced. Yet my wife loves it because its pretty. Arrgh!

Actually getting home and putting it in park.

Start over with a new design from new engineers.

Love My Taurus
By love my taurus

1993 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan

I have had my Taurus for almost 13 years and had no major mechanical problems with it until the past year with 146,000 miles on it. I love everything about this car from the trunk space to the seats, to the radio controls on the dashboard. I feel safe driving this car. I have been hit twice in it with no real damage (cracked bumper & hood damage). When the insurance company tried to total my car, I said nay and had it fixed for $200. I know I will cry buckets when this car in finally unfixable.

Huge trunk, great seats, power everything and the radio control buttons on the dashboard.

That they make it last even longer!