Used 2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon

View reviews for a specific Taurus X model:

Love the T-Rex
By IMFletch

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We sold a wonderful Saab wagon because we needed more room after the birth of our second child. Having never owned a domestic car, we were reluctant to even consider the Taurus X, but the specs - interior room, decent fuel economy, safety - were compelling, particularly at this price point. After living with it (admittedly a short time), I am blown away. It's solid as a rock, with great build quality, a very spacious interior w/o being huge outside, good ride/handling balance, amazing seating flexibilty. Leather quality is outstanding, and there are numerous thoughtful touches, such as the covered storage bin atop the dash. Not as much fun to drive as the Saab turbo, but we're thrilled.

2+2+2 seating arrangement; surprising fit/finish/paint quality; comfortable leather seats; I actually like the exterior styling. The ergonomic layout - window switches, stereo, AC controls - is excellent. Tons of storage space, both large and small, which the Saab greatly lacked.

Needs a telescoping steering wheel for optimal driving position. I *hate* the microwave oven-style digits on the stereo/HVAC displays - Ford must know this because they're phasing these out in other models. Some hard plastic interior pieces. Partial power driver's seat on the SEL is a downer.

So Far, So Good
By cllgmom

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

With our last child in college, we were looking for something besides a minivan with decent cargo space. I stumbled onto a review for the Taurus X in Consumer Reports 2009 car issue and was impressed with what I read. Other CUVs and SUVs were either too small and/or too expensive. It had all the features I was looking for - comfortable, reclining rear seats and safety. The reported mpg was about the same as our old minivan. I can't speak to mpg yet as I've only had it a week and I'm sure it will take a little time to break in. It drives like a dream and feels like a tank!

Safety, MP3, Sync, heated seats, body style

Audio controls on steering wheel, 40/40/20 split bench seat

I love it, too bad no one knows about it
By Max D

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in an Outback for a 2008 w/ 14,500 miles. Though exterior styling is bland (this doesn't have too be a bad thing) everything else about this car is great. It handles well with good power. The interior is very sharp and the third row seating is actually usable and accessible. I consider AWD a must for Wisconsin winters and the seats fold easily for tins of space. there is even enough room for a decent amount of stuff with the seats up.

AWD, six disc CD, aux port, leather, traction control and third row of seats. For the base SEL, this thing is loaded.

Very little. The exterior styling is plain, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. I am getting some wind noice from the back right, but I've only had it a few weeks and it is still under warranty, so hopefully that can be corrected.

Best Vehicle Owned
By mike

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned a Honda Pilot and the Taurus X by far is a better vehicle. Ride, interior quality, and fuel economy is good. the all wheel drive is great.

remote opening tailgate, sirius radio, sunroof and leather.

volume control on the steering wheel. the vehicle has the sync system is these controls take up this spot.

1st 25K
By shelbysaab

2008 Ford Taurus X Wagon Eddie Bauer 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall we are VERY please with this Ford. We believe we got alot for our money. It drives as nice as many luxury cars and can haul more than most pick up trucks. Luv Mult-sync, works very well. Ford should promote this vehicle more!

Easy to fold rear seats flat. Comfortable ride !

Smooth out the transmission shifting abit more. Soften interior materials