Used 2011 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Last of a dying breed
By acuone

2011 Ford Ranger SPORT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you can find a low mileage 2011 RANGER - grab it. The days of a reasonably inexpensive, reliable small to mid-size pick-up are over. Have had 4 either new or used Rangers in my lifetime and have always been pleased.

Great little truck
By Rich

2011 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used 3 years ago with 32,800 miles on it. 2.3L with the 5 speed automatic. (Wish I could have found a manual) . I now have almost 65,000 on it and have made only two repairs. First being front pads and rotors. The second was water started leaking into the cab through the cargo light. (Common problem according to the internet) Ford will only sell you the whole housing but I was able to find a gasket on eBay for under 20 dollars and its been dry ever since. These are not fancy trucks and won't turn heads but they will get you from A to B and van haul a light load. Fuel economy is good I've gotten as high as 30 on the highway but usually average anywhere from 26-28. Wish they still made them simple like this but I think those days are over.

You just can't beat this truck for fun and value
By John

2011 Ford Ranger SPORT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a super truck for hauling my tiny home around Canada. This is my second Ranger and looking forward to checking out the new 2019's.

My first Ranger
By Bob

2011 Ford Ranger SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I would suggest if its a mid size pickup your looking for,this truck fits the bill. I'm 6 foot tall, and the interior is very comfortable, and the buckets seats are a nice choice , as you can adjust it without interfering with the passenger. The V/6 motor has plenty of power, and can handle towing, if needed. The 5-speed automatic transmission, gives great mileage. For a truck, it gives you everything you want, without breaking the bank for a bigger truck. It is very well put together, body style, toughness, a good ride and comfort, with all the bells a whistle, power windows, door locks, side view mirrors, AC, AM/FM CD player, storage behind seat etc. Thought about buying a GMC Sierra, but did not need a big truck, so I settled for the 2011 Ford Ranger Sport Ext Cab. Great looking truck and very happy with it.

I'm set for another 14 years!
By ObjectiveOwner

2011 Ford Ranger XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Ranger is a small, simple, tough truck. Small means it fits in the garage and is easy to drive and park. Simple means it is easy and relatively inexpensive to maintain. It's tough because it's a well-proven design and can be expected to last a long time. My last Ranger was a '96 and it served me well for 19 years. I considered purchasing a new Colorado, Frontier, Tacoma, or even waiting for the new Ranger T6. The Colorado was too long, the new Tacoma isn't available with a manual and 2wd. The upcoming Ranger T6 is an entirely different design and likely to be too large as well. A new Frontier was close (even on price!) but a clean, low-mileage Ranger simply fit my needs better. The Ranger is not for everyone. It doesn't have nav, bluetooth, led mood lighting, heated seats or auto-parking assist. It does, however, have everything that one needs. I really don't understand why Ford quit making them.