Used 2008 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Ford Ranger 2008 Reg Cab 2W 6cyl
By Houston

2008 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Style is thick, brawny, efficient and descendant of the bull dog. Basic model does the job on hauling furniture, plants, groceries. wood, sod, bricks. No space is wasted Recommend that you get the electrical windows option; I installed after market windows and remote door locks and wished I had purchased the factory options with Ford. You should also protect your investment and get bedliner with Ford logo. The white paint is beautiful- like porcelein and reflects the 100 degree southern heat. For the low price, a very reliable and satisfactory long term investment. The MPG is really comparable to other 6 cylinder trucks as well as luxury cars! So you are in the ballpark.

Air Conditioning does the job in the closed regular cab-I feel real protected from the heat. The seats are simple grey leather imitation. Seats do not get hot and are roomy enough and solid-does the job like the rest. Close your eyes and you will not know if you are in an SUV or Lexus!

You need to up the basic price with options since they are necessary by today's standards. Remote window locks electrical windows, stereo are a must. You must get the best tires, since trucks work hard and are driven hard. The power steering does not turn easy enough for me.

Downsizing worked out!
By Norton

2008 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I sold my 2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4 X 4 with Hemi & ordered my Ranger XLT 4 Banger with auto & all options. In short, I love this truck. Average 24 MPG, fun to drive and think Ford should put time & effort into the Ranger's future! I am a happy Ford Customer!

Truck is made in America, Fit & finish as well as quality is great!

Outdoor Temp Readout, Overhead Consol, better choices for rim & tire options!

Fine little truck
By Aaron

2008 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck as a second vehicle primarily for haulings stuff w/o ruining my other car. I bought a really stripped down version of it (air and auto only) about 3 mos. ago, and have been really happy with it. The ride is stiff and the transmission is somewhat unrefined, but still this truck was a very economical solution to my needs. While the 4-cyl engine won't win any races, the low end torque enables the engine to come through when I'm really loaded up. The 4-cyl. is noisy, the truck is loose in the rear on wet pavement :), the air conditioning works well, but I have inadvertanly knocked the truck into neutral when reaching for the radio controls (bad layout). I would recommend it.

The bed of course.

Get the radio controls out of the line of the gear shift. Add in some insulation to reduce the engine noise.

Great American Value!
By Gary

2008 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased this truck almost a month ago for an excellent low price! The 4 cyl exceeded my expectations! The truck has plenty of power, handles great, road noise is lower than I expected and interior and exterior is sharp looking. Gas mileage is great! I wish the speakers sounder better, but hey, it's a truck! It also feels great to buy American!

Gas mileage, great handling, engine power, interior/exterior looks great

Better stereo speakers

2 in the family
By Scott

2008 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My son bought a Ranger in 2001, has 150000 on it without 1 problem, so I bought one last fall, think these vehicles are Fords best kept secret. My son has 3.0, I bought the 2.3, my gas mileage is a great.Years ago I had a 98 Nissan Frontier 2.4, the Ranger is twice the truck.

Looks, solid build, reliability.

For the price, can,t think of anything.