Used 2006 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Ranger

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Great Truck!
By Terry

2006 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside LB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love the little truck. With a 4 cylinder engine, I can only wish that it had more torque. I shouldn't complain when I'm getting about 29 miles to a gallon on the highway.

Love the gas mileage and fun to drive!

Metal front bumper. I can't believe someone would slap a piece of plastic across the front of a truck and call it a bumper.

Average American Vehicle
By James

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Gas mileage should be better. I had to pay for jack bolts to be installed so the front end could be aligned. These items used to be installed at the factory. Neither Ford or the dealer would assist with the expense. the front end could not be aligned without this $200 expense at 8000 miles. I will consider a Toyota or Honda for my next truck.

Taller doors for ease of entry than found on most small trucks.

If Ford or their dealers are not going to repair or replace items not installed at the factory or honor warranty repairs then they should not be allowed to sell and advertise these products.

It's a blast
By shorty6

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at Toy's but design is quircky. I'm 6'3"& easily fit behind wheel in Ranger. I run 30K/yr. When I need to haul heavy, this is the truck! Ride is very good with 100# or more in the bed, kinda choppy without a load but it is a truck. 4 cyl. is 143hp, yahooo! It gets on the hiway fast, stops on a dime, 27-29 mpg, blows away other trucks ie Nissan, Chevy Colorado, Toys in price!, in value!, in economy!, in performance!, in maintanence cost! My '98 Ranger gave me 218,000 miles. The difference in price to competition buys an awful lot of fuel and repairs if any. At 100K, I only have standard maintainence. Ford will lose me if Ranger go's away. I love its big hp in small package, blastoff!

Awesome seats in XLT, great for 500 mile trips. Real tight front end, no floating nose. Excellent gas mileage at 100K=28avg. Very good seat position, look down on hood. Love the low rumble exhaust note. Standard tach great for snow travel with stick. Tough to get stuck in snow on Supercab 2wd.

Lose the fat steering wheel. Make the seat go back another 2" for tall people. Offer longbed on the supercab like F150. Raise roof height. Bring back the Edge. I like riding high! Better isolate from road noise. Increase load capacity. More options for XL.

We need a Ranger Hybrid
By Hank

2006 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this truck. I purchased it brand new with 8 miles on it. Now I am somewhere near 35000 miles on it. It is a 4 cyl, I am getting 26.5 miles on average miles per gallon. I think Ford should make these trucks in a hybrid version with 4 cylinder engine. In fact an electric plug in Ranger would be ideal. My next vehicle and my wife's will be a hybrid or somehing more efficient. If I have to I will build my own electric Ranger

Good work truck for using to work around the house. Good size for homeowner who has to commute.

4cy hybrid Ranger, or all electric plug in. I know you can do it. America knows you can do it.

Great truck
By ed

2006 Ford Ranger SPORT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used, and so far I love it. It drives great, I get 21.7 mpg so far. Just look around and you can see all the rangers still on the road. I'm a tall guy and can stretch out all the way. This one is loaded with everything so complaints.

The look, leg room, four door easy in