Used 2006 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Ranger

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

great and fun truck
By mtaylorjr

2006 Ford Ranger SPORT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second ranger I have owned. I love this truck, its fun to drive and is fun to play with in the mud

General look about the truck

passing power would be great.

Edmunds
By Bart Mormino

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Reliable,clean looking,functional. Poor fuel mileage,tires were to small, constantly losing traction,235-75-15 work better than 215-70-15. Rough ride. Transmission always tries to find itself.

Ford product-Mazda

Better sheet metal,better seats, 4 speed auto

workhorse 2nd vehicle
By Tom W

2006 Ford Ranger XL 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a new Demo KIA Optima and found the trunk space so lacking that when I saw this little Ranger I bought it without haggling. Great, and since I bought it the KIA just sits and waits with a now dead battery. I find the 2.3 L I-4 lacking in power, but a change of air filter worked wonders, as did dropping TWO tire sizes when I had to replace the tires. MUCH easier and simpler to drive. My one complaint is the clunky manual five speed, and I don't think they make a good one, they all share the same shortcomings. Mileage for such a small engine is so- so. I feel it ought to be better. Otherwise this is a darn good little truck. I note the new ones now offer ONLY two engines

What you see is what you get. most popular options are standard. A/S, power steering, decent stereo, very nice heater with infinite control.

Even with power, steering could be lighter, I think Ford engineers these things to feel like bigger trucks at the expense of driving ease. Maintenance for 20,000 miles has been ZERO, not even windshield wipers. Just oil and filters. (and tires)

Left me Stranded again
By MikeZ

2006 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My ranger has 36500 miles on it and the air-flow sensor broke on it leaving me stranded before work. The warranty ran out at 36000 so I had to pay for everything. (towing, engine work). At 35000 miles the transmission had to be rebuilt. Luckily the dealership took care of that. I just don't trust it anymore. I'm trading it in.

Overall great truck
By Jason

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is one little machine, it does whatever i would like it to, great in the snowy winters in Wisconsin, the interior could be changed since its been the same for many years but thats not a big problem with me. Its just to bad i had to give it back since my lease was up and the buyout was to much. But i replaced it with and 2005 FX4 Ranger

Exterior design and the handling

change interior