Used 2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Exactly what I wanted
By Ranger XLT

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was looking for a small truck that would tow my boats, haul my diving and camping equipment, ride easy on the long trips, get decent gas mileage, and still fit in small parking spaces. This one does it all, and looks good doing it. We even used it to tow a loaded car from Iowa to Oregon, and it did it with ease.

Small size with all the power in a four wheeler. This truck is comfortable on the long haul and the seat adjusts to fit me just fine. Four wheel shifting is all inside and I don't have to get muddy or wet. Multiple 12 volt outlets so I can run my GPS and the wife can charge her cell phone.

No improvement suggestions. I am picky and if this truck really needed improving I would have bought something else. I looked at them all. Just don't tell Ford about this review or they may get the big head and raise the price.

Good Truck
By fenderdh69

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very solid truck, I love to drive it.

Powerful engine, 4x4.

Better fuel economy.

Cab Interior bad
By Lworth

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Cab is a smaller confined area than 2000 Ranger. You cannot see over the seats to observe traffic coming from your right kinda behind you. Rear view is mirrors only; very dangerous with a closed high seat back area.

Looks to me is what sells Ford Rangers and the 4 wheel drive handling, engaged or not, is always the best of any vehicle I have driven.

Go back to the old fashioned always showing mileage indicator; the one now is small and very hard to see and the key must be on.

Reliable, durable, no frills
By iowadoc

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this at the end of the whole "employee discount" deal. Looked on the internet through the Ford web site (which lets you see the actual sticker on the car) to find the most basic Ranger XLT 4x4. I'm finding I like this truck more and more. I like the simple-almost-austere but very functional design. Fit and finish is very good. First weekend I had it I drove it to Kansas City, 350 miles. My youngest daughter, who gets car sick, complemented the ride. Plenty of room for our gear behind the seats. Handles very well. Now, with about 3K on the engine I'm getting 20 mph in everyday driving, 22 highway. I recommend this vehicle without reservations.

Excellent ground clearance. Easy to use 4WD system (no levers to pull). Stock radio is actually pretty good. Handling is smooth and balanced.

None actually. I'm very pleased with the stock truck. No complaints at all.

I love it
By MartyP

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great truck overall. The price was especially attractive with all the rebates and employee pricing. It was a pleasure to not have to bargain. The only thing I don't like about the truck is the placement of the parking brake release and, of course, the poor mileage. I have the biggest engine (4.0L) and get 19 mpg at best. The running boards look good but aren't any practical use. They just get in the way when entering/exiting. But, it pulls my 22' boat with ease. The comfortable quiet ride is really a happy surprise. In sum, it is a good solid relatively inexpensive small truck that does everything it is supposed to and will for years to come.

Price. Comfort. Looks. Little arrow on gas gauge.

Make parking brake release more ergonomic. Higher mpg.