Used 2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

I agree with Consumer Reports
By Bill Hunter

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab EDGE 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I keep looking at other vehicles simply because I usually trade every 4-5 years. I can not justify trading my Ford Ranger Edge. I'm a big man and it's very comfortable to drive. I knew I wasn't going to get the mpg of a Focus, so I'm not disappointed in the 19-20 mpg that I get. I have an ARE flat top on it and I purchased an extended warranty, which I'm sure I'll do agian at a 100,000 miles. I bought the Edge after my wife traded in her Mazda B-4000 LE. I know that was my Edges twin and with over 140,000 miles at trade-in, I felt confident in my choice and I have not be sorry. It has been and continues to be a great little truck!

Comfort on long trips Stylish Appearance Fun to Drive

Overhead display with compass, mpg and temp.

Have you driven a Ford lately?
By Ford Tough?

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was skeptical to buy a Ford at first, but the salesman convinced me that Fords are built as well if not better than ever.and for the first "3 years or 36000 miles" we loved our truck. Got lots of compliments and it was fun to drive, other than the squeeky brakes. Then mile 36001 came along. Alternator, wheel hub. I do not abuse my truck. It is kept clean and has only been off road 2 or 3 times. I didn't think alternators went bad anymore. Not only do they go bad but they cost a bunch! I thought ok...$100?...nope $500!..Wheel hub...ok....$100....nope $300. Cant wait to see what's next...I am afraid to drive my Ford lately! Hate to see a U.S. company struggle...but "Quality is job 1"

Fun to drive. Looks great. 4x4 is capable.

Use better materials for interior. Do something about the squeeky brakes! And if you're going to sell "Ford tough" make the darn thing tough!

2005 Ranger
By Brian

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab EDGE 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the truck used about a year ago. Very nice truck, the ride is a little stiff, but I don't mind that. The seats could be a little more comfortable, but other than that it rides nice. It's only been in the shop once, a friend of mine kicked the inertia switch and broke it, so that's nothing to blame on the truck. Plenty of torque, I've towed a 4000 lbs box trailer with relative ease. Fuel economy is not great, 19 MPG was the best I got, going 60 on mostly highways using cruise control, but it's a truck. Stereo sounds good. I like the overall look of the truck. If you get the sport mirrors, a set of blind-spot mirrors might help; they don't show a wide enough angle to see.

Pioneer stereo, white guages, plenty of power, grille, Ford bedliner.

Better fuel economy, Possibly a small V8 (Ford put one in the Explorer but not the Ranger), softer seats, stronger rear suspension

Great Truck
By Rick

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab EDGE Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

It's a truck & rides like one. I can live with that. Terrible gas mileage. Average 19 mpg under the best circumstances. Wish it was better. Considering trading it in for a VW or something that gets some mileage.

Body style

Better gas mileage.

Nice truck for couples
By JJJohnson

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab EDGE Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded my F150 in for the Ranger hoping to get above 20 MPG in which I barely get 19 with the 3.0. Other that than this is a nice small truck which handles well. It pulls my 14' tandem trailer with ease.

Rides as high as a full size truck for driving in pastures.

Better gas mileage. A sixth gear for the highway would accomplish that.