Used 2004 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Ranger

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

This is alot of truck for little price
By Steve M

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside LB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck for work and have used it for work. I have hauled cars from 3000 pounds up to 6000 pounds. I have had 1800 pounds in the box and begs for more. This trucks gives 100% when it works. It loves to work. I paid $13,500 for it and I love it. I just have the 3.0 with the 5 speed auto torqueshift. I have 3.73 gears. The gas mileage hurts but what do you expect. If you want gas mileage buy a dang Honda. If you want a great truck for work buy a Ford Ranger.

The amount this thing could haul.

More comfortable seats, a V8?

Another Great Ranger
By Jon

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge Deluxe Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Ranger, and I have loved both of them. I upgraded to the Edge and love all of the additional bells and whistles (especially the sound system). My only complaint would be the gas mileage. I do more than the average driving, so I spend more time than the average at the pump.

The outstanding sound system, 16 inch wheels and the small lift that the Edge is equipped with make it a hot truck!

GAS MILEAGE, and thats really it!

Danger Ranger
By Danger Ranger

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is great. It out-performs my every expectation. It feels like it can conquer all, but is still comfortable and practical for everyday use. It's been strong and reliable for over a year now. It's a great value and never lets me down.

The sweet sounds from the am/fm/cd/mp3 player. High, strong "edge" stance. worlds best a/c.

Give it some more power!

Getting too old
By R. Jones

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

For the money, for a 4WD, the 2004 Ranger is a good buy for the money. BUT, it is basically the same Ranger I drove in 1993, with two more Mickey Mouse doors. Almost impossible to get in a 5 speed manual transmission. While the 4.O liter engine is good, you'd think after all the years of producing it they could refine in a little better gas mileage. (Consistently getting 17 mpg and I don't hit the gas peddle very hard, very often, and get that mileage.). Truck won't hold a candle to the new Toyota I bought this year.

Comfortable, supportive seats. Reliable.

Transmission. Gas mileage. Side and rear visibility. Need a new truck.

My First Ford Truck
By F. A. Hicks

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My Ranger is a fine vehicle, smooth ride, excellent handling & power to match. The exterior design is also a plus factor, having conformed to the changing times by having that sleek look but maintains the distinct Ford body style (a manly style). Only Ford & Chevy have been able to keep their trucks the way I like em! I must add however that the Ranger was sort of a poor choice for me. I am 6'1" & 240lbs. I am not uncomfortable in my Ranger but I still, after six months, can't seem to get to seat adjusted right and my head is .25 of an inch from the ceiling. I am comfortable even driving for long periods. Recommend 2004 Ford Ranger. But us "Big Guys" need "A Full Size Baby".

Great stereo system, on command 4x4 drive, fog lamps. heating & A/C systems are work horses.

More adjustable seat.