Used 2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

tops
By maytagman

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just a fine truck, works and plays hard then drive it to dinner. Mine has 75,000 miles - nothing but normal maintenance, i.e. oil, brakes, tires.

Skid plates, stiff but nice ride, style, auto 4x4. Strong towing truck. Great gas mileage.

Rear seating needs 3 more inches.

Crash Test Dummy
By kevo71

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I really liked my truck. It drove well and got fairly decent mileage (20MPG). If you noticed I have been referring to my truck in the past tense. I totaled it last week. The front wheel was knocked off, the cab was warped (driver's door would not shut) and the frame was bent in two places. The car that hit me was a Dodge Intrepid that hit me while sideways in the front left corner of the bumper and continued through the wheel. The truck held together well and I and the other driver walked away without any serious injuries. I had it for a year and a half and received from the insurance company about $1000 less than what I paid for it. I'm buying another just like it. I also have an '88 w/250k miles.

Good solid truck all around. Rides a bit rough, like a truck. It's probably not a yuppie wagon, but the suspension is good, the four wheel drive worked well, the engine (4.0L) had plenty of power, good ground clearance, the seats were nice and it was comfortable to drive.

I wish they would enlarge it to an actual 4-door cab with a forward facing bench seat. Change the radio volume knob back to the push button type, it is a little hard to use. Cup holders hard to get to with a stick shift.

Awesome
By Ford4v460

Loved this vehicle since the day I bought it, had no problems with it. I live in an area where a 4x4 is a must and it doesn't miss a beat in mud or snow. The 4.0L is not as powerful as some of its competition but it fits the truck's size. A better pick than a full size pickup if you don't have a family.

4.0L, interior style and comfort, looks.

A few extra horsepower can't hurt, along with better fuel economy.

Another Great Ranger
By Jon

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Deluxe Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Ranger, and I have loved both of them. I upgraded to the Edge and love all of the additional bells and whistles (especially the sound system). My only complaint would be the gas mileage. I do more than the average driving, so I spend more time than the average at the pump.

The outstanding sound system, 16 inch wheels and the small lift that the Edge is equipped with make it a hot truck!

GAS MILEAGE, and thats really it!

Getting too old
By R. Jones

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

For the money, for a 4WD, the 2004 Ranger is a good buy for the money. BUT, it is basically the same Ranger I drove in 1993, with two more Mickey Mouse doors. Almost impossible to get in a 5 speed manual transmission. While the 4.O liter engine is good, you'd think after all the years of producing it they could refine in a little better gas mileage. (Consistently getting 17 mpg and I don't hit the gas peddle very hard, very often, and get that mileage.). Truck won't hold a candle to the new Toyota I bought this year.

Comfortable, supportive seats. Reliable.

Transmission. Gas mileage. Side and rear visibility. Need a new truck.