Used 2003 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews - 168 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Ranger

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

My Ranger is the best
By Jnmrb

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got a great deal on my used Ranger 4 years ago and have replaced 4 tires and brakes and wiper blades and that's all. There is no broken trim etc. like you would expect on a 5 year old vehicle. It is very confortable ride for a truck. It get's about 18 mpg city and 22 highway. Not the best but ok for a truck. My teenage boys aren't embarassed to be seen riding in it and even want to drive it. This is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. My mechanic told me to let him know when I'm ready to sell it.

Reliablility, good looking exterior design, locking partitioned toneau cover.

I think my brakes will need to be replaced again soon and I think 2 brake jobs in 5 years is pretty excessive

Would buy it again.
By Roady

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside LB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My third Ranger. A dependable truck, gets maybe 21 on the highway, never had a problem with it and has 68,000 miles now. I would buy it again.

Cold AC in Vegas, great visibility, still looks like new.

Adjustable alignment parts in front end.

Nice
By 03

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my truck about a year ago and I do a lot of driving. This has to be my favorite vehicle I have ever owned. The power is there when you need it and I love trying to push it as much as possible. Gas miledge is nothing to write home about but getting about 18- 19 with heavy city driving and traffic isn't too bad. Love the visibility, much better then sitting on the ground with my old Tercel.

Looks great, stock 6-cd changer, easy to keep interior clean

Awesome little truck
By Doug

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving this truck. I would have liked to have a 5 speed, but circumstances at the time dictated that I take what I could get. My last truck was a F-250 with lock out hubs. I love this truck that all you have to do is turn a switch and you're in 4WD. With the off road package, its a little rough on fuel, but not the worst that I've seen.

Design a better rear sliding window.

Not the best out there but...
By fordguy1212

2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

These Rangers are great work horse trucks. I've had the bed absolutely loaded with asphalt, concrete, stone etc. and the Ranger handles it well. The 4.0L motor seems good enough for the trucks size, not very peppy though and drinks gas like no tomorrow(comparable to a newer silverado 5.3L). My complaint is the front brakes. They constantly squeal, and have a ridiculous amount of brake dust coming from them. Even on replacement with after market parts the problem has not gone away. I find it to be a serious design flaw. Overall it's a reliable truck that I use often and it seems to be holding up well.

Exterior design, hauling capability, seats are comfortable.

Brake issue needs to be fixed. The interior design is very boring (like most new cars/trucks I suppose).