Used 2001 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Ranger

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

blue tiger
By bill412

2001 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab Edge 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Only problems I had were water leaking through rear window seal, and throttle body malfunctioning. This is a manual shift model, and the clutch feels kind of soft. Very dependable truck, and will haul lots more weight than I thought.

High road clearance, bed extender.

More powerful base engine would help. I live in a very hilly area, and the 3.0 is marginal going uphill.

If safety is not important
By teresa

2001 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XL 2WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've taken my car in to have my seatbelts checked several times, starting in the first year - I never got any satisfaction and the seatbelts still release spontaneously while I'm driving and I've even had it come unfastened before I could even start my car. I wouldn't recommend it to drive your family in, especially if you love them. The side mirrors stink; they are difficult to adjust and don't really give adequate coverage. The blind spot is pretty large when I'm looking for cars in the mirror and checking out my window. I wouldn't buy another one and I especially would not count on Ford to follow-up on their "warranty", I guess you have to consider your new truck purchase to be "as is".

I really like having a bed-liner and split front seats.

Better seatbelt clasps that last the life of the truck with a better rewind; larger mirrors: side & rearview cup holders are too shallow.

Built Ford TOUGH
By Jgloss

2001 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XLT 2WD Flareside SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great truck, especially for the teenagers like me that just want a truck to drive around in. It is everything a guy could want in a small sized truck.

Comfortable seats everything inside is nice.

Keep it the way it is.

Love my Ranger
By Spanky

2001 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've found the Ranger to be a nice little truck. It has decent towing capacity, good road manners, and shines off-road. It definitely feels solid.

Ride height, 16 inch wheels and good sized tires, comfortable seats, 4.0L SOHC V-6 has pretty good power.

Electrically actuated rear locking differential would be really nice. Ford would also do well to add a less restrictive air intake and exhaust system on new models.

I haven't had it long
By Kevin

2001 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge Plus 4WD Flareside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far I really like it. It handles well, No problems, nice to drive. Gas hasn't killed me yet. Could be better I guess.

Hey it's a truck. Waiting to try the 4 wheel drive in the snow.

You would think that because it's a truck you might have room to put something, Don't think of putting it in the cab, there is like no where to put anything but drink cups (has 5 of them). Can't hold a roll of paper towels.