Used 1996 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Ranger for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Keeps on runnin'!

Scorp67, 06/26/2010
XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I purchased this truck used with about 40,000 miles on it. Ten years later I have over 261,000 miles and its still running great. I have had to put a couple thousand into it but nothing major. Clutch, tires, brakes, etc. I am NOT good at getting the oil changed but that hasn't slowed it down any. Definitely have gotten my money's worth AND MORE out of this truck. I plan on driving it until it won't drive anymore and then give it a dignified funeral! :)

Reliable Truck

Arty304, 03/15/2004
XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is a good basic reliable compact truck. I own the 4 cylinder 2.3L model with a five speed. For the higher elevations of Colorado its a little underpowered, but around town and the plains its fine. A good quality truck.

Work Truck

Me, 08/16/2009
XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This is a great truck for the money and it's easy to work on but be ready to work on it because nothing lasts. Make sure to do all preventative maintenance.

Me Ranger

J30rdesign, 03/23/2004
XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have had no problems with my truck. I was told to just keep the oil changed and I would never have a problem. Well they were right. I have driven this truck hard, beat it up and it still wants more! Great Truck

One of the best values available

Lovinit, 05/07/2003
XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

The 4.0 liter, V-6 is smooth and makes for a fun, quick truck with good hauling ability. Engine runs like a dream if you treat it right. Transmission isn't the smoothest, but it is holding up well. Body doesn't rust easily. Brakes are good, not great. It handles like a truck. Interior is well designed and slick. If you want a reliable used truck, I don't think you could get a better one than this for the price.

12345...6