Used 1995 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Ranger

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Black Betty- best truck i have ever owne
By chey1997

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought my little ranger in 2006 with 241000 miles on her, great body and superb performance compaired to the S- 10 i used to own. in three years i havent had any major issues, just mant. things that needed to be done. this truck on the highway gets 26 mpg even with 256000 miles on her. I hauled my fiancees 92 honda prelude with it. and make regular trips from dallas to houston in her. she still has her original speakers from 95 and work great. by far the toughest truck i have ever owned. if i compare her to the chevy S-10 i bought before it would make the S-10 look like cardboard! can't go wrong with these mini monsters ford did write with these!!!

body engine is perfect for what i need

nothing love her just the way she is!

just won't quit
By volosong

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this vehicle new and have been the only owner. Honestly, I've neglected maintenance on it, but it keep acting like the Enegizer Bunny...just keeps going and going. Only two set of brake pads, only mechanical problem in 270,000 miles of driving is the that the throwout bearing and the fuel filler hose needed to be replaced. Nothing else! I chalk that up to my dad's advice to always purchase the very inexpensive "towing package". Only reason for finally selling is that the wife purchased another vehicle that I can use for a two vehicle. By the way, I've even used the Ranger to tow my Mercedes to the shop, a sixty-mile one-way drive. No issues.

best 100 everspent
By carl franco

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

with 250,000 miles on it, drove trouble free from CT to WVA...great milage and a comfortable ride to there and back....the further i drove the better it ran..I am amazed

styling and milage

none

I'll never get rid of it!
By Jennie

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck used in 1999 with 19k miles on it. Ten years and 85,000 miles later, I still love my Ranger. It's never left me stranded and it's still fun to drive- despite the lack of technology I enjoyed with my Nissan 300ZX and 03 Acura TL. Performed well on my cross-country moves from San Diego to Philadelphia (though doesn't do well in snow). If you're on a budget, definitely consider this car. It's reliable, good MPG, safe, and a much better value than the competition.

Good gas mileage, smooth manual transmission, reliability, quality parts.

Don't be surprised by the following: phantom wipers, door chime/interior light not shutting off, fuel filler hose leaking (I replaced the hose around 2001 and it needs to be done again).

Built to last
By blackbetty

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have a 1995 Ford Ranger XLT single cab. It currently has 253,000 miles on it. In the nearly two years I have owned her she has never broken down, she has continued to outlast. I used to own a 98 Chevy S-10 and by far the 95 Ranger out performs the Chevy line. After 253,000 miles she still gets 26 mpg highway. I look forward to many years to come with my favorite truck

The dual plugs in the engine. I have a 4cylinder with a lot of power left in her!

None