Used 1995 Ford Ranger XLT Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Ranger

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

I'll never get rid of it!
By Jennie

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck used in 1999 with 19k miles on it. Ten years and 85,000 miles later, I still love my Ranger. It's never left me stranded and it's still fun to drive- despite the lack of technology I enjoyed with my Nissan 300ZX and 03 Acura TL. Performed well on my cross-country moves from San Diego to Philadelphia (though doesn't do well in snow). If you're on a budget, definitely consider this car. It's reliable, good MPG, safe, and a much better value than the competition.

Good gas mileage, smooth manual transmission, reliability, quality parts.

Don't be surprised by the following: phantom wipers, door chime/interior light not shutting off, fuel filler hose leaking (I replaced the hose around 2001 and it needs to be done again).

Built to last
By blackbetty

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have a 1995 Ford Ranger XLT single cab. It currently has 253,000 miles on it. In the nearly two years I have owned her she has never broken down, she has continued to outlast. I used to own a 98 Chevy S-10 and by far the 95 Ranger out performs the Chevy line. After 253,000 miles she still gets 26 mpg highway. I look forward to many years to come with my favorite truck

The dual plugs in the engine. I have a 4cylinder with a lot of power left in her!

None

Miracle worker
By Mr Bill

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought new 2.3L inline 4 cylinder ext cab in 95', it has held up amazingly well inspite of my repeatedly loading it down with tools and materials to build decks and kitchens. Other than a clutch rebuild I've never had a problem!

Same front seat set up as the Ford Explorer, best selling SUV for over 30 years but with the extended cab the wheelbase is 9-11" longer and therefore has a far better ride! In my 13th year of ownership I still love my truck, and it has saved me financially!

Fabulous truck, I wish it had the tie downs low in the bed that the newer ones have.

My truck
By sncfwlr

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

It has never failed to start. never left me stranded. I have hauled 2000 lb. in the bed. and can pull trailer wait. I can't hardly pull a bass boat up and out of the water very well but it does the job. It's been a good truck.

Relax in a small truck and move on ,good radio

More power

Driving a 1995 Ford Ranger P/U
By paul cowan

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is my first Ford Ranger truck and I like it in every way, especially the mileage and performance. I would recommend it to purchase.

Speed and quickness.