Used 1994 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford Ranger

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

The best truck anyone could ever buy
By Gold Ranger

1994 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck with 105,000 miles on it just to drive to work and take the trash out. It lacks in the power department, mine has an auto trans and it shifts perfectly. I love the truck. I've taken it to the beach, up the mountains, pulled campers, horse trailers. So far no problems other than the AC had a leak cost like 3.00 to fix. Would recomend to anybody! I would like a console and a seat that laid back a little more.

Gas mileage, and drives great!

Better outlet placement, center console, little more power would be nice but not a must.

1994 Ford Ranger
By thedog

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my 1994 Ford Ranger for a steal at 1000 dollars. When I bought it, it had 328,000 miles on as far as I know the first engine. I have only replaced the starter and the fuel pump and soon it will need a new clutch but other than that it still runs great at 337,000 miles.

The whole truck

None

Will Live Forever
By Kent

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love this truck. I bought it in October of 2007. It currently has 264000 miles on it and it's still on its first engine and transmission. It has many many more miles to come. It hasn't given me hardly any trouble at all and I haven't done any repairs besides ordinary preventative maintainance. Still runs and drives like new and has no mechanical problems.

Easy to use interior, comfortable, 5- speed manual makes it fun to drive. large tires (its a 4x4) make it look tough, manual locking hubs are really strong, the 4.0 liter v-6s low-end torque, and how Ford built these trucks to last. They can easily reach 300000 miles and beyond

Better gas mileage, and putting in airbags for that year would have been nice. Other than that it's great.

Never stops
By -stanky

1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

So good. I love the power it has off the start, after popping into second you're gone. It's definitely the most comfortable ride, super smooth like butter.

The powerful 4.0 V6. Bucket seats. Extended cab.

Not so faulty A/C compressor. stronger bed, (dents easily)

Great truck, keeps on going
By Bill

1994 Ford Ranger STX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in '94 and I used it every day for 10 years until I got a family minivan. I have towed concrete mixers, hauled scrap and lumber, use it weekly to carry stuff to the dump. I carried the kids in the extended cab (when they were little, not a lot of room there.) The truck never let me down and today I still have it (though it's semi-retired)and use it 3-4 times a month to go to the dump. It has 167,000 miles on it and now my daughter just got her lisense and she drives it daily to school and about. It still gets 22+MPG. Never did more than routine maint and replaced the clutch 2x. What a great investment in 1994!

Hauls a lot for its size and never needs maintenance.

I'm 6'3", 220lbs so I'd like to see more cab height and firmer seats.