Used 1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

1994 Ford Ranger 2WD SuperCab 4.0L
By idrivearanger5

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

Even though I have only had it for a few months, my Ranger has proved itself to be a reliable, tough and fun to drive truck. With the odometer nearly touching 150,000, this Ranger is a true American workhorse. The city MPG is really pitiful(12-16), but the highway is pretty good, I calcuated 24 mpg. These Rangers can take a beating I'll tell you what! I am 100% sold on Ford vehicles and I will never buy anything else. We also own a 2005 Ford Freestyle AWD and we love that too. Kudos to Ford!

Supercab storage space, nice long bed, easy to use radio, rear-opening window

Very loud power steering, 4.0L gas mileage is terrible, steering wheel ratio

Best little truck I ever owned
By Ludwig

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Bought this truck new in 1994 because I liked the way it looked compared to the competitors small trucks. I always get compliments on the looks and even after owning it for over 13 years and racking up 240,000 miles it still runs great,no engine or transmission problems, it still has the original clutch and exhaust system. The 4.0 v6 has plenty of power, engine is very responsive, I'm still getting around 20 mpg, the 4WD great, but when the factory hubs went bad I replaced them with manual locking hubs, a lot easier on the wallet and more reliable. I can't say anything bad about this truck, it's been the best truck I ever owned

Body design, 4.0 with manual, 5 speed transmission, interior design, 4wd sits up high, easy to drive

Rear disc brakes would be nice

120,000 miles, No Problems
By Vasolini

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Splash 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

This has been a great vehicle. Although the 4 cylinder engine lacks a bit of power for towing, the truck has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. The only time I've ever had it in the shop was because of the hydralic clutch. I could not get that thing to bleed out the air! Other than that, just the usual maintenance, and this truck could last forever, just about!

Just the way it looks.

An easier hydralic clutch to bleed!

one of the best trucks ever
By MIGHTY ranger

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

This ranger could be the Johnny Cash of trucks - "its been everywhere". I have my own complaints about it - but given that all its owners have treated it really bad. I have the crazy 4 cylinder (8 plugs), I am on the 3rd transmission, 2nd clutch, second starter. all of which I robbed from $25 parts trucks found locally. I have hit deer, bridges, barns, small brush trees. I have hauled tons of everything - car parts, cars, and wood. And even though the fluid clutch leaks, I can count on it 100% - do not use ATF as suggested by Ford - it rots the seals, causing the input shaft to break at the best possible time (250 miles from home) LOVE THE MIGHT-Y RANGER.

Built-in security system - you can't drive off with a truck that can't go into gear, and who wants to steal parts off this thing. Lots of fun - but don't take yourself serious, as it is slow.

Rewrite the manual to say use light gear oil for manual trannys, and go back to the old fashioned line clutch. And please use 1 plug per cylinder. And normal oil capacity for a 4cylinder. I would like a tow winch to pull others out of ditches, and some metal tracks to drive out of mud.

Reliable
By Tim

1994 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

It is a reliable truck. 2.3L great gas mileage. I get 28 to 30 mpg! But it goes from 0-60 in a like 3 minutes. No power what so ever even though it is a 2wd. I can't figure out why it needs 8 spark plugs in a 4cylinder? It only has 98hp.

I honestly like the size. As a work truck it fits the gas mileage bill.

If you need a CB like I do at work expect a lot of electrical noise. I believe a lot of it is from the electrical fuel pump but the electrical noise is very bad.