Used 1993 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Ford Ranger

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

93 ford ranger splash
By blackjackzach

1993 Ford Ranger Splash 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I have had this truck in our family for about 4 years so far, when we got it it had roughly 100,000 miles give or take and 4 years after words it has 212,856 miles and I am having the transmission rebuilt by myself because my oldest brother roasted 4th gear, input shaft, and the counter gear but he drove it like he stole it. I live in Illinois and it has no rust anywhere on it.it has the 3.0L v-6 a great engine, and the F27A 5-speed tranny.i would recommend this truck for anyone but you just cant find them anymore that's the main problem people have.

the engine and the looks.

if they made more of them

310000 miles & still going
By Stan

1993 Ford Ranger STX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have owned this truck for approx 12 years. Has 310,000 miles on it and still purrs. No AC now and other than typical maintenance no problems.

very reliable engine.

make a 4 door Ranger.

First Truck Owned
By Bob Sass

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I purchased the vehicle in September of 93 and it is still running strong. I drive 70 miles everyday and haul my dogs on the weekend, so the truck gets little down time. The vehicle is scheduled for it's first brake job in one week and has logged over 208,000 miles, mostly highway. The original exhaust system has a small rattle where the catalatic converter broke a weld on the shield last week, so the vehicle has costed well below the average. Outside of the normal oil changes and tire replacements, this truck has been major repair free, and Iam excited about that aspect.

My favorite has to be the comfort of the seats and ease and placement of the accessories. Everything is at your finger tips with little eyes off the road time.

My only suggestions would be to improve the gas mileage, 18-20 mpg average is more like a big truck than a small vehicle. It has been in that range since day one. The other area is have a better hill climbing capacity. Even on the interstate any small rise in the road will slow down the vehicle

One of a Kind
By Moore

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have this to say about my Ranger. They don't make them like they used to. This truck is the most solid thing I've ever owned. I was only 20 when I bought it and I was a little afraid to jump into a new truck that had totally been changed from the previous year. Best $10,270 I've ever spent. Rangers RULE the light truck world! I plan on rebuilding it from the ground up and driving it until I can drive no more.

suspension, handling, and comfort.

A little more horse power and torque. Maybe 15-20 more.

I'll drive it until the wheels fall off.
By Susan

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck brand new nearly 15 years ago and put every mile on it myself. It will turn to 00000 again for the 2nd time soon. I've only had to do regular maintenance with one or two rare exceptions over the last 15 years. This is an amazing little truck & still looks great. My car guy tells me I should easily get another 5 years out of it, if not more. Mileage is what they are advertising for "fuel efficient" trucks & SUVs right now. My sister keeps trying to get me to buy a new car so my young niece can have this truck. That says it all.

The whole package. I would have loved a sunroof, but I really can't complain.