Used 2017 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Mustang for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Best Mustang Yet!

George Capps, 05/17/2017
V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Just purchased the Mustang, V6, auto, last week. Impressive car. I have owned 11 mustangs in the past and this is by far the most capable mustang yet. The V6 has plenty of power and the transmission shifts at just the right times. The independent rear suspension is great and provides an aggressive yet comfortable ride. Although I haven't put too many miles on the car yet, averaging 24.5 mpg with a 60/40 mix of in-town and freeway driving. This is great. The interior is very good with soft materials where you want them and the seats are very supportive and comfortable. Impressive implementation of the instrumentation. I am sad that this is the last year for the V6 as it is a great engine and is a fantastic performer. I found the 4cyl loud under load and at times clumsy on the test drive and I feel Ford is making a big mistake removing the V6 from the engine lineup. Overall, I have a big smile on my face and am enjoying the ride. I am looking forward to putting the mustang through its paces on a trip this summer on route 66. ***UPDATE*** After having the Mustang for 18 months I still have a big grin on my face every time a I get in. Have had no problems with the car, no visits to the dealership other than oil changes. The overall feel of the drive is still outstanding with a big plus for the V6. Still bummed out about ford dropping the V6, hopefully they will come to their senses. Love the car.

Rented One, Want One

Ol' Hank, 04/02/2017
V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My wife and I got this car as a loaner for our regular car's recall replacement. I've never owned a performance auto, but have been a long time motorcyclist, and have owned several high performance 2-wheelers. This Mustang blows me away. The acceleration is awesome. I drove across a mountain range on a very twisty section of interstate, and have to say that was the most fun I have ever had on 4 wheels. It was solidly planted, the steering was very precise; I could easily change lines mid-curve; acceleration out of the curves was very controlled. With the top up, it feels like an upscale touring car. With the top down, it is simply sexy as h***. We're now planning to sell our SUV, and buy a new Mustang. Life is short.

MY AMAZING LITTLE PONY - GO PONY GO!

Geena, 12/08/2017
V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I am in love with my new little ruby red pony car that drives like a stallion! This is the fourth Mustang I have owned. I purchased all of them brand new. I loved each and every one of them, and then the 2017 arrived! I saw it featured on the internet, and I kept saying that is my new car, and it is now. The ruby red is a metallic color, and it really shines in the sun; it is gorgeous! I own the 6 cylinder automatic. I am extremely impressed. I almost went for the GT, but the V6 was more affordable. I was shocked when I drove it. It is about five times faster than the other Mustangs I have owned - the last one being a 2004. The 2004 and the two models I purchased in the 90's all seemed sluggish. Not my new V6; that little pony flies down the road. I haven't driven a car that flew in a very long time. You step on the gas, and you're off and running. This car's acceleration is fantastic; it really moves. When I'm at a red light, the cars that were next to me are about two or more car lengths away. The freeway is unbelievable. I took my new pony out for the maiden voyage about 1:00 AM as I live in Southern California where the traffic is horrible. I wanted to take my new car out for a spin. I couldn't believe how fast that car can go with little to no effort. I had the car up to 105 mph but didn't even know it until I looked at the speedometer. It felt like I was going about 70. It handles incredibly. This car just hugs the road and is fantastic when making a fast turn. Okay, so I drive like a nut, but this car has airbags all over the place, a long hood, so it should hold up extremely well in the event something should happen. The safety reviews were five stars. All of my former Mustangs were totaled, one of which went upside down. As the human Mustang test dummy, the Mustangs hold up extremely well in accidents. Since this Mustang has a lot more safety features than my old ones, I'm sure it is extremely sound, The exterior is just gorgeous, and I especially like the hood. Overall the car seems longer and wider than my other Mustangs. The keyless entry is great. You don't even have to take the keyless remote out of your handbag (or pocket) to open the car. You simply grab the handle, and the car magically opens. To lock it, you close the door and place a finger on the end of the handle, and the car locks. I'm 57 and can get in and out of the car very easily. Now for the interior. I bought it with the basic package, but the basic package has all the amenities I want and/or need. I lied except for one thing, neither of the front seats are power. The other Mustangs had a power driver's seat. Then again, I was playing with the all the front seat adjustments. If you like your seat in one place which most people do, the no power seats is not a problem. Actually it seems the seats are very adjustable. As far I can tell the seat goes forward and all the way back to the back seats! Therefore, if you happen to be tall, I can't see there being a problem with the car being too small. The seats also go up and down, and the back of the seat is also adjustable. The basic package come with cloth seats. Doesn't everyone want leather; well, I got the basic package. My car came with the ruby red exterior with what they call ebony seats. The seats are dark, but they are not jet black. I'm going to say it's a very pretty shade of a dark gray. I love it, and the seats are very comfortable as well. It has Bluetooth which to me is a luxury from my 2004. It is so cool! It plays the songs off my iPhone. Today I tried calling a friend, and I could them extremely well, and the controls are on the steering wheel in an accessible place. My car also will read your speed from 0 to 60 etc. That is a must for me to try out when I'm not in a busy traffic area. In the manual I believe it has paddle controls on the steering wheel in the event you want to drive it like a manual transmission - I don't so won't be using that perk. I almost forgot about the tilt steering wheel. I tried it out last evening. I was so impressed. That wheel not only tilted but you can also adjust the distance of the wheel. I moved the steering wheel closer to me and lowered it a bit. Now it really feels like I'm driving a race car. I'm extremely glad I didn't get the V8 as the V6 has all the power I will ever need. I highly recommend this car. I've only owned mine for two weeks, but it is so much fun to drive. I really love it and anyone who buys this car surely will too!

GT PREMIUM WITH PERFORMANCE PACK

Eric Prochnow, 01/23/2017
GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this car in December of '16 after a wait of over 2 years. This is my third Mustang i have owned in the last 35 years. This car has really matured since my old '86 gt I had years ago. The car is larger and drives larger than both my '86 and my '02 GT I had to sell before buying this Mustang, yet it far out handles both of them (my 02 GT had about 4k in aftermarket upgrades in both engine mods and suspension). The only real complaint about the car is the ingress and egress for me. I am 6'4" and you have to be fairly flexible to get in and out. Once you are in though, the car fits like a glove, the shifter falling right into place, the steering wheel can be adjusted to taste and everything is very simple to use. The standard leather seats are outstanding, and after taking a 6-1/2 hour trip up to Napa from So. Cal, the seats gave my wife and I plenty of support and the heating and cooling feature is great! As for the performance...my mustang is plenty quick, but I don't drive it to be a drag racer. I wanted a true GT. The handling is more than adequate with the performance package, and the six piston Brembos are superlative. There is a reason why Mustangs have been around for over 50 years. Ford has obviously found a formula of performance, comfort, and style and blend it together in a fashion that other American car manufacturers try to emulate, but always come up short in one or more of these categories, missing the mark on Ford's pony car and what it represents. Edmunds has requested that I update my review of my Mustang GT Premium with the performance package. Here you go. Everything I wrote in the above original comments 8 or 9 months ago, still holds true. This car is a pleasure to drive and it puts a smile on my face every day. Rowing through the gears in Southern California with or without traffic has never been so much fun. I have had the opportunity to let others drive it and they all walk away saying, "Nice drive!" or "This car is some serious fun!" Of course, like me, they also have a smile on their faces after they are done driving it. March 15th 2019 update. The Mustang still runs great. Had a problem with oil leaking on the manifold and it smoked a little by the passenger side hood near the windshield. Brought it into Ford to rectify the situation with out an appointment, they wouldn't see me, so I made an appointment. About a week and a half later, I dropped the car off and picked up my rental. 1 week later the car was ready to pick up. Ford fixed and covered everything, including the rental car, at no cost to me other than some time. Secondly, the original Pirrelli tires that came stock on the car are ready for replacement. The Ford dealer that I originally purchased the car from asked me if i wanted to trade in my mustang for a newer one at the same price or lower due to my excellent credit rating. . I decided I would see what they had to offer. When I went to my appointment, I met the sales manager. He came out and looked at my car and stated he had nothing on the lot that was even close to what I had purchased originally from them. Virtually everything on the lot was non premium, non performance pack cars with automatics. I passed and felt comfortable doing so, being that my mustang was ordered exactly the way iIwanted it to be in the first place. The car runs great and there are still no squeaks or rattles anywhere. It is still a pleasure to drive, and now I feel like I have a very good car after seeing some new ones on the Ford lot. Edmunds has requested another update on my 2017 mustang. The car is still a pleasure to drive. Other than replacing the Pirelli tires with Nitto 555G2 tires, and regular oil changes, there have been no issues. Everything that I have previously written still holds true to this point.

Best Mustang Ever

Rootdl, 09/16/2016
GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I just received my 2017 Mustang GT Premium that was ordered back in March. I ordered it with the performance package, premium leather and the 6 speed manual transmission. This is my first Mustang that I have ordered and I do have to say the wait was longer then I expected. When the car finally came in, the dealer was excellent in getting it ready for me to pick up. The interior is very nice and well thought out - the only down side is there is not a whole lot of room in the back seats. That is about the only negative I can say about the interior. I ordered the premium leather with the red accents and they are very comfortable and look GREAT! The 5.0 Coyote is one strong motor. It has all the power and go that you will need. Very strong and very quick. When you step on it, it wakes up and you will be through the gears before you know it. Very impressed. All I can say, Ford did a wonderful job on this car. This is a true American Muscle Car. It is built from the ground up to be a Mustang and no other chassis in the Ford line up shares any parts of it. Great Muscle Car!!

Impressive engineering

Richard, 09/19/2017
V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned the car for less 7 months and have put on 2300 miles so far. The car is equipped with a six speed automatic. It is silver and is beautiful to look at and well engineered by Ford. I love the smoothness and power of the V6. The car is a pleasure to drive around town or on the highway. It feels solid and sounds great with a slight rumble, especially on start up. I think Ford has made a huge mistake in phasing out the V6 in the Mustang for 2018. If anything, Ford should tweak the engine a bit more to keep up with the Camaro V6. I chose the Mustang over the Camaro for its looks , styling and better visibility and pricing. I chose the ingot silver and have had lots of compliments on the car at gas stations and parking lots, etc. I am thrilled with every aspect of this car except for the lack of leg room in the back seat and the lack of a spare tire. Ford seems to think an air pump in the trunk will get you home rather than providing a donut spare tire. I ordered a spare tire on line which is happily in my trunk in the event of a flat. Ford needs to reevaluate sending its customers out on the road without the proper equipment to drive home safely. Great car, great pricing, great engineering. Be sure to ask for a spare tire before you conclude your deal for a new or used 2017 V6 Mustang! (Look around there are still some new V6's on dealers' lots)

Zoom zoom, 2017 Ford Mustang, 5.0 Automatic

Rainman, 01/23/2017
GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I test drove the Chevy Camaro, Dodge Challenger, and Nissan 370Z. All the listed had advantages and disadvantages. Also read several magazine articles/reviews, which favored the Mustang as a daily driver, and then took the Mustang for a few more test drives and for me the Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Premium, black on black with blacked out emblems and automatic transmission won hands down. All around a more driver friendly car, but definitely still plenty of muscle for the road to include back roads. Felt more comfortable for the longer drives, and the fit and finish to include a nicely appointed interior definitely sold me to the Ford. I don't consider myself a Ford guy, but after driving the Mustang I decided I had to own one. To date I've driven it to the NYC area, and it was very comfortable for three hours each way, and very soon to Daytona to attend the Rolex 24. I've only owned it since late December 2016 so there are a number of areas on this survey I can't yet speak to...but I'm definitely hoping they are just as strong in the positive as my experience so far. UPDATE: Sold the 2017 and purchased a 2018 Ford Mustang loaded with all the new bells & whistles. New 2018 GT Premium, also in Black, 10 speed transmission, active exhaust, magnadrive suspension, full digital instrumentation, performance package, etc. 1200 miles since purchase. UPDATE: Still very happy with the 2018 Mustang overall, but hugely disappointed on how overly difficult it is to get money back regarding the extended warranty. Bought the 18 model last November 2017, and have had to get the the Ford Warranty division via snail mail. They provided no other contact method other than snail mail. If I had it to do over again I would not have ever purchased the extended warranty. My advice at this point unless you really know that you will keep the car for as long as the purchased warranty, DON'T do it. At this point I'd give them a bunch of choice words. The person who I've had some email contact with recently won't provide any updates to me. I've provided all the necessary documents, and now nothing. You mean to tell me this information wasn't in the system? This is definitely poor, poor, business practices, and likely the second and last Ford I'll ever buy. Enjoying the car, but at this point hating the company. They will take all your money in a heart beat, and then make it time consuming, and nearly impossible to hold them accountable. Ford, your business practices suck! You've lost another customer. We are done!

Replacement for totaled 2012 Mustang

Dave, 11/06/2017
V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car as replacement for my 2012 mustang that was totaled in a three car highway accident. A drunk driver going 120 mph rear ended an SUV, SUV bounced off the railing, crossed two lanes and struck my mustang on the drivers side. My car went sideways 300 feet down the highway and off an embankment. The car was totaled but I walked away with bruising, whiplash and working up back issues. I had no hesitation in buying another mustang as I know it lives up to the safety ratings as well as its roll rating (my car did not which shocked the state police and fire crew). I bought a stripped down coupe as I did not want all the electronics. I live in area that gets snow. I had no real issue with the rear wheel once I figured out where to put the weight. I bought a manual and I am loving it. I feel it has more acceleration then 2012 V6 mustang. The interior is a bit smaller, seems designed for two people and a child in the back seat. I spent two weeks looking at other cars and brands and I came back to this car due to the deal I got, know reliability and I can trust it will keep me safe.

Not a replacement, but a whole new automobile!

opensky1, 12/18/2016
EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Update: I had to trade in this car on a new Honda CRV Touring. I just could not get out of it any more. My joints were in rebellion, so I am just too old (68) for this car with deep and low bucket seats. In fact, when I showed the CRV to my Aunt and Uncle, they went and traded in their Lincoln Town Car on the exact same thing. My Aunt was able to get out with no effort at all with her bad knees. That is the ONLY problem I had with using the 2017 Mustang, but it was enough. It also depreciated heavily in 7 months, from $42K to $24K KBB trade! That part is disgusting, but you get nothing for all the add-ons...beware! Otherwise, as my personal car, it was the best car I ever owned for fun and for comfortable traveling while in it. So read on... Original review starts here: I loved my 2014 Mustang convertible (read the review), so I got a new 2017 to have all of the active safety features and other convenience tech. What I got was something that is a huge step up in quality. In fact, a different machine, with the feel of the BMWs (Mustang handles better in my opinion - test them) I tested and a huge leap above a Camaro. It accelerates smoothly up to 121 mph (where it is electronically limited), gets up to 32 mpg on highway (with super unleaded, about 29-30 with regular). Handles much better than the GT (again, try them out side by side - I did several times - GT feels front heavy and bulky). This drives like a sports car, nimble and quick (fun). And with a rear diffuser it hugs the road tighter at really higher speeds (over 100 mph) that I couldn't get near with the 2014 b/c the front end would start feeling lighter and drifting. Has plenty of storage, something lacking in the old Mustang and non-existent in Camaros. The only things lacking is automatic braking (something I will demand in 3 years or I will switch models), and lane warning/assist. The forward collision warning is great, but it just pre-loads brakes, probably a nod to the general macho among Mustang owners, but auto braking should be an option for those of us more concerned with being alive (and the safety of others) than imagined macho. Another after market add on is a windscreen, which really makes a difference if you want to communicate or listen to the radio at highway speed. It makes your car a two seater when in place, but I never have more than one lady friend at a time riding! :) Easy to remove, but don't get this car for a backseat anyway. One small feature I love is the center console which locks when you hit the door lock fob. I leave the top down a lot when I go into a store. This combined with alarms keeps stray hands out that stuff. All in all, a wonderful car. After owning 6 convertibles and 4 of them Mustangs, this is way far best.

2014 Fod mustang convertible

Paula Siepieranski, 10/19/2016
V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car inside and out. average fuel milage about 22 miles a gallon city driving. Excellent acceleration and handles real well. Sound system wonderful. Fun car shouldn't get bored of this car.

It Doesn't Get Any Better

Booker, 09/22/2017
GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Best Mustang GT ever!!! I look forward to driving it, starting it and just looking at it! I've been researching this vehicle for two year (2015), but I've been a fan since the 80s. I didn't purchase it until last night. REALLY!!! Over the past 4-5 months, I was looking at the prices drop. Knowing the 2018 is right around the corner, I waited, but I couldn't wait any longer! I even tried to wait until the end of the month to save a few more $$, but I turn 50 on 28 Sep and the pressure at the end of the day was crazy. I got the "green" light from the wife to pull the trigger and the next day I was at the dealership with check in hand. Dark gray, black wheels with the black accent package..."It Doesn't Get Any Better"!!!

Couldn't be happier!

Jim Waltman, 07/20/2017
EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I must say that after owning the car for 3 years I still get a lot of compliments from other drivers and pedestrians. I really enjoy driving my mustang which is very low corners like a dream. The car has a real kick as I leave the red lights and all I see are cars behind me. I take the top down every chance I get even in winter. The car looks like a car should look and not like these boxy looking things running around the road. In close traffic I would rather drive my Expedition because of its size and height off the ground but }overall it’s still my favorite to drive!

A Pound for Pound Bargain

LeeH1068, 04/27/2017
GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

My overall rating would have been higher had the V8 engine been available with a shutdown feature at highway speeds to increase overall mileage. The Corvette has it. I bought the car 9/7 and put 10K miles on it by 3/1. It came with the 265/35/20 tires and they really hold the road. Replacements will be in the close to $300 each range but they have a 500 wear rating and roll out smooth. The pre-settings on the driver power seat allows for easy exit and entrance. The interior is well done and high quality. The car is surprisingly quiet with top up or down. I bought the Mustang because I need as much trunk space as possible for my trips and unlike the hardtop convertibles, the Mustang top folds onto itself with no intrusion into an almost full size trunk. The top goes up and down quietly and fast. I downgraded the Navigation system because there is no way to alphabetize your Favorites or eliminate previous destinations individually. There is a myriad of options in the gauges and lighting features. The engine data that is displayed is far beyond the average driver. The car is a bargain in today's market. Options included automatic with paddle shifters, Nav system, tire pkg, upgraded interior, 120,000 mile warranty.

Problem after Problem

Lori, 10/05/2018
EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Where to start? Ordered 2017 Ecoboost Mustang convertible. Estimated to be received August 2017 received, received sept 2017. Not a big deal. I absolutely love the look of this car! Unfortunately I haven't even had a chance to look at it that much because it's been in the shop! I have now had to take it back to Liberty Ford in Brunswick Ohio 5 times! This car has less than 9,500 miles on it so yes I take extremely good care of it! It has been in the shop more than 2 months out of the 2 years I have owned it for various problems with stereo and vents. One thing gets fixed and the other breaks. My car has had a new wiring harness replaced, 3 vent HVAC systems replaced, 1 stereo, converter, etc,, etc, etc. the entire front of this car has been torn down 4 times! This was a BRAND new car obviously it's a lemon! Liberty Ford has contacted the engineer on multiple occasions who seems to just say replace this part and that part and see if it works. There is an obvious defect! Each time it has been in the shop I have had a rental - a Ford Escape. While it was ok the first couple times, I bought a Mustang convertible not an SUV.

Love my 50th Anniversary Mustang

Omar Khan, 05/06/2017
GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Wanted to own Mustang forever, practicality and utility always won and I ended up with either a 4 door sedan or an SUV. Life's too short to live with regrets so I made a decision and found my 2015 50th Anniversary Mustang in Wimbeldon white. The sound of that V8 is music to my ears and never fails to put a smile on my face. She gets washed 3-4 times a week and ois always lookng her best. Best decision I ever made! Now only if the gas mileage could improve I wouldn't find myself at the gas station so often.

Mustang Ecoboost

Jay, 08/03/2017
EcoBoost 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the first vehicle that I personally owned, I wanted something strong, yet fuel efficient. This Ecoboost is a dream. Pick up is amazing, smooth changing of the gears. I was worried due to the fact that I had back issues, but once getting in and out was not an issue, and it was comfortable. I bought the vehicle for me to drive just myself and maybe friend around, so the back seat (or lack of) does not concern me to much. My only true nit pick is the lack of an Auxiliary port. A lot of these new vehicles want strictly Blue Tooth for hands off, but i prefer to have more of an option for it.

Midlife Crisis

Bman, 10/04/2017
EcoBoost Premium 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wanted something quick when I wanted it to go. Turbo 4 was quick without hesitating. I know V8 has faster 0-60 but turbo 4 was fast enough for me and gets better mph especially highway. Low to the ground but easier for me to get in and out than Camaro. I really wanted a corvette but felt foolish falling out of the car every time I exited because it's too low. Also you can see out the back window much better than Camaro or Corvette. Less blind spots. I drove a lot of cars and decided on mustang because of best combination of performance, comfort, looks and price for me.

I would have expected much more.

David McKenna, 03/18/2018
GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased the car less than a year ago. Upside it is fun to drive. Downside is the dealer response to reported issues. Rear windows would not close completely and added to an already loud cruise experience. RH rear window fell inside of quarter panel. Nice. Took to Ft. Myers dealer, reported that and was fixed. Reported poor AC performance, not fixed, now it doesn’t work at all. Reported rear camera not working. Fixed, now it works sparratically, after all, I only need it in reverse :( Reported ambient temp read out inaccurate. Not fixed. Reported seat coolers very inefficient, service guy says they are OK. Speedometer drops off, dealer couldn’t duplicate, so it must be OK too. Seat memory system is forgetful, dealer couldn’t duplicate, so it must be OK. Tell that to my shorter than me wife. New one this week, dash dimmer switch activates all by itself, can hardly wait to listen to dealer on this one.

Nothing but junk!!!!!!

Daniel, 06/14/2018
V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 1st new car. I'm 41, and didn't know anything about credit when I was young. I suffered for that for a long time. I finally got into the position to get my something I really wanted. I've had it 12 days and today I had to put it in the shop. The trans is bad. Motor has lost horsepower. Bad vibrations and metal on metal grinding noises. I took it to the dealer where they said they can't get to it till the 1st of the week. They won't give me a loaner until they diagnose the problem. I have purchased many used Ford's and have always loved them, but now I wished I would have looked at challenger. Thanks ford for making my 1st new car experience a nightmare!

Love my 2017 Stang GT!

Steve, 12/29/2017
GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

My GT has the performance package. It's really an amazing car when considering it's price. For what I paid I got an IRS, big engine that I can put a supercharger on and crank it up to 800hp at the wheels (when the warranty runs out), excellent looks all around, and a car that has over 50 years of history/experience behind it! Comparing it's specs to any other car in the same price range consistently showed it to be the far superior choice which is ultimately why I chose it. Only complaint I have are the summer only Pirelli's Ford went with for the performance package. Pure garbage! They don't offer any superior performance even on hot dry pavement over Pilots and other popular replacements. Plus they wear out VERY quickly! But they are easy enough to replace.

affordable little pocket rocket

Roger and Cheryl Tucker, 03/20/2018
EcoBoost Premium 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My wife and I were wanting a second vehicle for errand running and pleasure rides. I had mustangs in the past and she really liked the styling and the suprising comfort of the premium models seating. I am a retired senior master Ford technician and can vouch for the fact that these cars are rarely in the shop for any issues. The git-up-and go factor is definitely there. Amazing performance. Super comfortable. Fuel mileage for ours is overall at 27 mpg. I would recommend the ecoboost premium model to anyone. Be prepared for a lot of "cool car" comments.

Looks & drives nice, but........

Jim Cook, 03/22/2017
V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Check out your car very well before purchasing. It is obvious that Ford still does not care about quality after all of these years & why I avoided them for most of my life. The car I have is twisted. The driver's side door is warped. The hood is extremely hard to open because it barely opens far enough to get small fingers underneath to get to the release. The body lines do not line up. The dealership could do nothing about this and the repairs will require a body shop. I know this is a bad car that I bought, but these things should have been caught by Ford before being released from the factory! It wasn't noticed by me until I got the car home & really went over it that evening. The dealer is doing it's best to get it fixed by getting it to the right people, but it really should go back to Ford & I should get a replacement car. Other than the body/frame issues, the car drives great, handles great, looks great, nice power @ 305 HP, decent fuel economy and the front seats are comfortable. Can't say much for the back seat. The rear seats look great, but are useless. A child couldn't even sit back there. At least the trunk is very roomy. I like the car, but it will most definitely be my last Ford.

The Ecoboost Premium Convertible

New owner of Ecoboost Premium Convertible, 10/28/2016
EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I noted most reviews were for GTs. I own an Ecoboost Premium Convertible. Acceleration is so-so. Handling is incredible. Only two complaints are the windows controls are too far forward and the antenna is awkward if you have a car cover but it unscrews solving that. Radio actually works fine without it screwed back in. The rear seats cannot be used for passengers but I knew that in buying it. They do make good interior storage - something the old Z-3 I had was short of. Gas mileage is killer. I saw acceleration is "so-so" only due to my last car, a Lincoln LS with the V-8, being no slouch so the Ecoboost doesn't seem to add anything to that. Compared to something else maybe it'd be more impressive. So niggling complaints on what has proven to be an incredibly handling car with enough pop to satisfy. Comfort on long drives is much better than expected - the Z-3 lacked in that department. Review says car acquired in 2016 as page doesn't have 2017 as an option - car was new in August of 2017.

2017 DON,T BUY

Bob Gould, 11/12/2017
GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Only have 1300 miles on the car and the car started to have 2 major problems. The first is when you reach speeds of 50mph or greater the car vibrates and gets worse the faster you drive. The second is the shifting makes metal pinging noise. I have been at the dealer twice so far and they still have not fixed either problem. I am bringing the car back to the dealers again and I do not have much confidence that they will get it fixed. I have looked into these 2 problems and it seems that a lot of Mustang owners have the same problems without having their car fixed. I hope Edmunds reads this and looks into these problems. If anyone reading this and has these problems, please let Edmunds know and maybe they can help us out.

2017 GT Premium Fun!

MHR, 08/31/2016
GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I used the Edmunds.com price to buy the car through the ford dealership fleet sales manager. It could not have been easier. The car is one month old now and it's a fun car to drive... Just put the top down and go! I got the new platinum white color which I love because it has a nice pearl finish. ** Update... two years and only 8500 miles into it, I’ve had two fairly serious mechanical issues - each keeping the car in the service department for a week at at time. Needless to say, these issues have upset me a great deal considering the low mileage, and tarnished the glow of ownership.

Best selling sports car in the world!

Rick Gore, 08/07/2017
V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Because of this. Discounts on new Mustangs are very hard to find.

I rented one for a Month!

Nicholas Ferri, 09/02/2017
EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I rented an Ecoboost in Tucson, AZ and drove it to Chicago, IL and back. I put over 4,000 miles on it. The 4 cylinder engine has a lot of Power, especially on the high end. This Car is a "Total Blast" to drive, I just wish the driver seat reclined.

Great bang for the buck

Scott Hall, 12/26/2017
GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Turns heads. Great car to scratch the muscle car itch for reasonable money.

2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium

Jack, 01/06/2018
EcoBoost Premium 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great looking, fun to drive. Excellent gas mileage with great pick up. My favorite car of all time.

Overall it is a wonderfully complete sports car...

Bob, 10/09/2018
GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

...looks great, lots of power and a lot of fun to drive. My Mustang has the performance package and is black on black with black emblems and smoked out lights. It draws much more attention than I ever thought it would. It has a lot of power. The car is geared low and driven by a high torque engine that easily breaks the wheels loose even when you are not trying. I think the vehicle would be a better ride geared just a bit higher...unless you want to drive it like a drag racer. I have wanted a muscle car for 50 years and this one is great. I would most certainly buy it again. Now I'll mention a couple of things that could be improved on. When the wheels break loose the car exhibits wheel hop. It is especially noticable if you are turning. There are some relatively inexpensive after market fixes for the problem but out of the factory you should expect wheel hop. The 6 speed shifter is not smooth. It is notchy and easy to miss select gears. There are a lot of after market shifters available for a few hundred dollars that would probably be a big improvement. I would have already put one in if I could install it myself. Since I don't have a lift I can't and I'm not comfortable giving my car to some potential mechanic hack to take it apart and put back together so for now I'm going to live with it. But all in all it is a great car for the money. If you are thinking of buying one, go for it and you won't be sorry.

Ford Mustang GT 5L

Richard V, 10/31/2018
GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Real muscle car. Love the power and especially the Ford Sync (well worth the refinery and ease of navigation, Bluetooth all together). Still very plasticy and rattley - but this frankly is not why you buy the car. Just touch the gas and whoosh...love it.

Sadly my 2011 Outshines my 2017

Ross, 07/12/2017
V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I loved my 2011 so much when my son took it off to college I bought myself a 2017. Sadly the 2017 seems like a step backwards. The gas mileage is worse, the plastic exterior parts are cheap and fragile (simple freeway stone blew a hole in the front, another piece was broke by a simple shopping cart bump), the interior has terrible design errors (i.e. the seat bracing connecting back to bottom grinds into you when you exit the car (broke the cell phone in my back pocket), the plastic and cloth features scuff at every light touch, and they glued felt on the seat belt buckle to solve a clacking noise where it banged against the center console. I would have easily given my 2011 5-stars... I struggle to give the 2017 more than 3 but it does have great engine power, looks amazing, and will hopefully be as reliable in the end as my 2011. Ford, see what you can do about actually improving the model (features/performance) from year to year.

sweetness

Vbad, 05/02/2017
GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have not really enjoyed driving for years, but now me and the wife race to see you GETS to drive, ya its that much fun! I have had the car for over 6 months, and it's awesome it still as much fun today as when it was brand new. Ok update time its been a year and I still love this car!

Interior still out dated

Cruzn89, 06/12/2017
V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The steering wheel needs a major overhaul. It has n't changed in years with that big ugly middle. The tiny display screen needs to be upgraded so you can see it. 7" minimum. too many buttons makes you drive off the road.

Blue Pony

Virginia, 03/01/2018
V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a used 2017 Mustang with the V6 engine and low mileage. I’ve been very pleased. The car is beautiful, and it’s ride, acceleration and handling are excellent. The V6 has 300 hp and moves the car effortlessly. It also has a throaty roar when you press down on the accelerator. It is a sports car with a firm suspension, so it’s not the plush, soft ride of an Accord/Camry. But braking, handling and acceleration are excellent.

Most fun car I have ever driven & ive had a lot

John T. Cupp, 08/25/2018
EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I never thought I would buy a ford. Just because I always thought they were unreliable. When I went shopping for a sports car the mustang premium 2.3 turbo was in the right price range and is a beautiful car. I love it now especially with the top down in the wind blowing over my face. It's not so bad in the heat either because you can crank the air conditioner up and roll the windows up and leave the top down. The seats are heated and cooled so that helps also. The model I got was used and has all the options on it except memory seats and the Blindspot safety and a couple other things but I'm very pleased with it only had it for six weeks now.

Most fun l’ve had driving a car

Wilson, 08/31/2018
EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Had a love affair with the Mustang Convertible since high school, so when l went out on the hunt for a new car...the Mustang it was! I looked for a black paint, leather seat, premium ecoboost and l found my car at South Bay Ford using the Edmunds site. There were a lot of apps that l used to look or this beauty, but Edwards proved to me the most reliable source. I used the ad Edmunds provided for the car and shopped and called other dealers to see if they had anything similar or comparable to that. When l went to South Bay, l was confident with the price and deal that l was willing to pay. Cal Worthington offered 700.00 less just to drive to their lot and l used that tidbit to parlay a better deal for my dream car. When l had the auto in my hands, of course l put the top down and had the most fun l’ve had driving a car. I had transferred my SiriusXM subscription to the mobile and now l can listen to tunes whilst l travel around with the top down and living the fantasy! The car handles like a pro with 8 inch wide wheels that allow it to hug the road while turning and driving on curvy stretches. All and all, l’m very happy with the whole transaction and have a big thank you to the Edmunds team!

It falls apart

Benj, 06/12/2019
V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second ford vehicle, both brand new (my biggest mistakes). I currently have the hot sexy red and trying to trade it in. After 2 years it has 16,400miles super low with no accidents or damages on my end yet the value of it is now 17,000. The car is very beautiful, catches your eyes but don’t fall for it, its no good quality. The seat belt buckle connects when it wants too. I’ve taken it more than 4 times to 2 different dealers they never fixed it, claimed they found a penny in it but I barely use coins esp in my car anyways I took the penny blame but about 2 months later all 4 self belts weren’t working again. I randomly find tiny car parts in the car off the door or somewhere now I’m a single person barely ever get any passengers so there’s so way someone else did that and just leave present. Buy this car at your own risk with very crappy quality. But it looks amazing and drives pretty fast with good horses.

The longer I own it the less I like it.

Steve D., 09/12/2017
GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned the car about a month and while I still love the car I feel that Ford cheaped out on a few things. My biggest beef is that while cleaning the black wheels this evening with a wash cloth it scratched the wheels. This was just an average run of the mill CLEAN wash cloth and it put micro scratches in the finish. It is going to be an added cost to clear coat them so the finish lasts longer than a few months. I'm not using the cheap cloth seat belt loops so the seat belt has started to leave little scuff marks on the driver door where it knocks against it when I take the seat belt off. This is my fourth Mustang and even when I haven't used the seat belt loops in the past the belt did not mar up the door like it is in this car. The console gets HOT! Don't expect to keep a cold drink cold in the cup holders because there is a severe shortage of insulation under there. The manual shifter is clunky and unimpressive and I will swap it out as soon as I can. I'm a tall guy and it's a long way getting in and out but that's the price you pay for a car of this sort. Great power and ride is good for a sporty muscle car, not to smooth but not too rough either. I have a sneaking suspicion that the cheap plastic trim pieces will not hold up well over time, especially if you use the car alot (which I won't be). Stereo is sufficient but unimpressive. I purchased the black out option, spare tire and black roof and am overall happy with my purchase. Since I baby my car and only drive it about 6 months out of the year it should hold up fine. I wouldn't use it as my full time daily driver however. Update: Mileage at 80 mph in Idaho is almost as good as my Subaru. Owned the car a year now and all of the above still stands PLUS I hate, hate, hate the auto dimming mirror. It really only works when it is completely dark outside so during twilight hours you can still get blinded by some douche in a lifted truck or semi. One other thing I've noticed is that when the back seat is folded down it can get pretty loud inside the car. Likely very little insulation in the trunk. Still love it for the most part and glad I made the purchase.

Too many issues

Dan Deac, 01/20/2018
GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I was love everything about 2017 Mustang GT and I make it mine but I will regret forever and I can’t wait to get rid of it. It’s a lot of people on You Tube (myself included) with engine knock/ticking noises and FORD dealers they just can’t help it, exterior panels firmest it’s horrible and interior panels they rattles everywhere. The engine noises starts at around 7000 miles and now I have a little over 10.000 miles and it’s worse (you can check many videos on You Tube). I had at least 8 sport cars and never had any engine knock on them. Invest your hard work money in differit brands. The 2015 2017 Mustang looks fantastic but nothing else, it’s piece of crap.

Too many “characteristics”

John Werkhoven, 10/27/2017
V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Car has had many issues; vacuum leak, holds RPM high between shifts, poor fit of interior and exterior parts, rattles, transmission thud and drivetrain vibration. Car has been in for service for about 25 days to date. Owned for less than 4 months. UPDATE ....Car was returned to Ford under the Lemom Law. Worst car I ever owned. Terrible, expensive, time consuming experience.

Ford makes a good mustang?

Jeremiah Thompson, 09/14/2016
GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Yes, They do! finally a mustang for modern America. With the new suspension in the rear this car drives! Instead of the old mustangs where going into a corner meant ending up at the coroner's, this mustang lets you power through in control. Fun to drive with a stiff but yet forgiving ride. Can't wait to take this to the track, both the drag and the road track. This does not however mean it's all roses for the new mustang. The interior leaves you wanting and thinking why? For example there are very few fake aluminum-plastic lookalike pieces, 5 switches 2 accents and the cowling around each primary air vents. With so few of these items why not use real aluminum? It would have increased the cost by 60 bucks so it leaves me saying why? Secondly the GT coyote engine suffers from a lack of tech. Ford makes the all amazing ford GT which has an engine that has the capability to turn off cylinders, and has the red light "stop start" function, these or at the very lest the "stop start" should be a must for this engine and would help massively with fuel eco. That being said the noise the cayote engine makes and the power it produces is something that must be experienced to believe! Two year update: Mods: X-force Mustang GT cat-back exhaust. Piston support for the hood. Rouche open air intake. I am still in love with my mustang, and now with the adjustable exhaust it can be extremely aggressive or, for my neighbours quiet and restrained. The open air intake completes the engine bay along with the support pistons for the hood I no longer need the hood prop stick. Taken a few long road trips and this is the mustang you want.. some times the computer is not the greatest system but with Apple car play I rarely interface with the base systems. Any negatives would be one of the plastic trunk latch covers has broken off, but I use this mustang to transport 2x4(s) for home projects and servers from DC to DC so I use and abuse the trunk and with all that use one broken plastic cover is honestly a surprise I was expecting far worse. An improvement would be soft touch closing trunk would be awesome and a sun/moon roof or all glass roof like the Jag F type would put this mustang over the top. Two years in and my opinion has not changed the 2017 mustang GT is the best mustang that has been made since 1968, and well worth anyone’s consideration! Good luck in the hunt for the car that suits you!

Great Rental Car but would hate to own

James Eliot, 02/16/2018
EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

When driving the hood design is very high up and parts of the hood block your view. Track and Sport mode pretty much cannot be used on the street unless you like cruising at 4-5K Rpm. Normal mode is nice however. With traction control off you really cannot spin the tires due to excessive amount of turbo lag and poor low end torque range. There is so much information in the computer, most of which you will never use and some basic information like a digital display of speed is missing. Now for a convertible driving with either the top up or down is pretty quiet and comfortable. This is a 30 day rental so I have put it through the paces. For 300+ Hp and Torque plus turbo you would expect more. My old 2003 Nissan 350 with 287hp would have destroyed this car. Last thing that is really disappointing. This has seat heaters and seat coolers. On high neither does hardly anything. Most the time I cannot even tell they are on at all and neither can my girlfriend and she is very sensitive to temperature changes. Overall a pretty fun rental but would never consider owning.

2017 Mustang GT V8 6 spd. auto Convertable G.Blue

Dominator, 03/29/2017
GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Love the style, comfort & smooth power & performance.

Great sporty car

Bobby, 10/01/2017
EcoBoost Premium 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Work on interior designs and quality. Ford pass should be available on a premium model it isn’t

Topless extravaganza

William, 06/27/2018
EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my car. I bought it about a month ago. I love the air conditioned seats on driver and passenger side. Dual temp control, awesome sound system. Power seats up front (both sides). The most fun you can have with your clothes on. I got the 4 cylinder turbo, plenty of power and great gas mileage. I wouldn’t trade it for anything else. My wife and I cruise up ou down the coast every weekend. Everywhere we go, someone comments on how beautiful it is. I purchased it a year old, so it’s already broken in, and affordable.

Rain Rain Go Away

Rosa Dondorfer, 03/15/2019
V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Rear window when it rains outside it rains inside. The passenger back seat is completely soaked.

Buyer Be Aware

NeverAgain, 10/21/2017
V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

It is difficult to give a good review on a car that has been in the shop for 25+ days during the first 4 months of ownership.

2017 Mustang Air Conditioning weak

Manny, 05/16/2018
EcoBoost Premium 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I shouldn't be having Air Conditioning problems with such a new car and under 7,000 miles. My air conditioning went out and I took it to the dealer. They said it would be 2 to 3 days before they could get to it. Cars brought in on Monday and Tuesday were ahead of me and they were backed up. They never offered me a rental car until I spoke to the service manager and he checked to see what extended coverage protection I had. Fortunately I had the Extended service protection plan and so I qualified for a free rental car. No one would volunteer that information. Only after I pressed did they finally admit that I was due a rental car. They called Enterprise for me. So I am expecting my car to be in the shop for at least a week. The computer screen is also shutting off and restarting as we drive and the Blutooth disconnects during calls randomly. We love the car but the dealership is hard to work with and these small problems can be fixed...... Hopefully

My Horse

Dave, 10/07/2017
GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car is really a pleasure to drive. It is every thing that I expected and more. I find the cloth seats very supportive and comfortable. As with every generation of Mustang the back seats are very tight. Love the handling as it has improved over previous models.

51050