Used 2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Ford's Character Machine is [non-permissible content removed]
By ltdslip

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wanted a Mustang GT since I was 16. I was taking a walk around at my local dealer's lot while my Fusion was being serviced and seen the black on black 5 speed GT. I wasn't planning on buying at the time but with only 10k km (6200 miles) on it and a price tag of half of that of the new 'Stangs I was sold. This is a dream come true. The car feels very solid and sounds great. There is power in every gear and at any rev. Most importantly, the car has character, which is missing from all these new boring cars rolling out. I chose the 10's over the 11's because the 4.6 is tried and true. Also heard about issues with the new 6 speed. Best bang for the buck I ever spent on a car.

Live rear axle adds character. Powerful & bulletproof 4.6 v8. 3.73 rear axle package. Glass roof. Comfortable seats w/ good quality leather. interior and exterior design. Engine/exhaust sound. Tremec 5 speed manual shifter and clutch are great. Steering is nicely weighted and has good feedback. Tight suspension. Good ride and handling balance. The ladies love it and the real men give you the thumbs up.

Build quality on the 10's isn't 100%: uneven gaps in the rear body panels. Piece of plastic on passenger's arm rest rattles when playing music. Fuel economy is ok given the power but there is room for improvement. The Shaker 500 stereo is not that great. The adrenaline dump after cruising in one all day.

Awesome Car
By dave347

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this car as a leftover 2010 and got a grreat deal.
The red candy metallic looks great with white stripes.
This car is loaded and drives fantastically.
On a recent drive (mostly highway driving) I was getting 26 miles to the gallon.
I haven't found a thing to complain about yet.
This is my 4th Stang and they just keep getting better.

Electronics package with navigation and screen

None so far

Way Better Than a Camaro...
By Quik GT

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

All I can say is WOW! I had a 2010 Camaro RS for about 450 miles before realizing I'd made a mistake. I saw my Grabber Blue GT sitting on the lot at a huge discount and that's all she wrote. This is my first new Ford out of 76 cars in my life. I really love the way it drives and handles. I can only imagine what the 5.0 GT must be like. I'll be fine with my tried and true 4.6 for now, but who knows down the road...

Great stereo; custom color ambient lighting; exhaust note and engine sound; "tuck-and-roll" leather on the seats; the color!

telescopic steering wheel; buttons for SYNC-sometimes it doesn't recognize voice commands;

What a car!
By Dusty

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Run, don't walk to your Ford Dealer! This car ROCKS! I love this car! I have owned many muscle cars over the years and loved them all however this one is not only muscle cool but it is very modern cool!

It Goes Fast!

Seat back adjustment should be part of electric seat package

I wish it were true
By Imreallyunhappy

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My 2010 GT Premium started life being scratched by the dealer before I got it. That took 5 days in total to fix. It now has less than 800 miles on it and it's been back in the shop twice. This last time, it's been two weeks. The problem was a major rattle coming from inside the dash. Only solution was for dealer to replace dash. Nearly two weeks and the dealer is waiting for the new dash to arrive from Ford. By the time I get it back I'm sure the new car smell that it had will have been replaced by the smells usually found in a service department. I wish I'd bought something else.

While I had it I loved its acceleration. It didn't handle as well as my 300ZX that I parted with, but it was very close. But, the thrill of the V8 and its performance. Nothing comes close. And, it looked fantastic.

Build them better. To have to replace a dash after only 750 miles has to have wiped out all the profit Ford made on the car. The dealer has provided me with a rental, so I have something to drive - a Focus. I bought it 9 weeks ago and it's been in the shop for 3 of them.