Used 2010 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

First mustang, last v6
By Jexi

2010 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car on impulse and only had it a few months. To me, this car was not very impressive and had wished I got a v8. It had an airbag recall, a strange knocking in the dash (I guess a common thing) and the paint was peeling. The mustang was pretty big for me as well, I’m 5’2 and it felt like I was driving a boat. The cool things were that I could change the lights in the interior, the taillights were awesome. The resale value was ok, less than I paid for it of course. It’s a pretty car, but would never get a v6 again. Every time I’d see a v8 I’d honeslty feel like I was driving a fake mustang. This particular mustang also had bad breaks and something wrong with the suspension and alignment. The good would also go down with braking. Did not feel safe driving on highways. Could have just been this one. Superingly though this car has a lot of cargo space! It’s amazing!

A dream come true
By Gorilius

2010 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the only new car purchase I have ever made in my lifetime and probably will remain so. I've always been a car guy since my infancy. The family up the street had a yellow '65 mustang with a black roof. I've been hooked ever since. I've owned several Mustangs including a 1979 GT and a '89LX 5.0 which became my daily driver for many years (over 235 thousand miles). My 2010 sleeps in the garage when not in use and it has never been in the rain or snow. It only gets driven on nice days and when I'm not in any hurry whatsoever. This beautiful resonant machine is my dream toy come true. I purchased it brand new in 2009 and it still looks completely new. I experienced a warranty problem with the clutch as several bolts were not torqued to spec at the factory. My dealership fixed it for free (including a brand new clutch) sometime around my third year of ownership. Anyway, I'll keep this car it for as long as I have the mental and physical faculties which allow me to drive. Thereafter, I hope that one or both of our children get to enjoy it. I have made countless films and videos of it from every angle. It is solid and simple with no added scoops, louvers, fancy aftermarket wheels or other clutter. Upon doing research to purchase it, I tried a variety of colors in the computer simulated car online and found that sunset gold was the color to go with. It's beautiful, daring different and it can be readily seen by distracted motorists who might be sharing the road with me. Altogether, I adore the V8 grunt of this thing, the smell of the interior, trunk and underhood areas, the solid feel of the car and its great appearance and handling. The 4.6 V8 with the 3.73 rear end give me all I could ever ask for. I have only 18k on it currently. Still, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning every time I pop into the garage, get into it and crank it up. Cheers to Ford!!

Great car
By Gary L

2010 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car reminds me of my 1964 Mustang. The only difference is this is far more reliable and Powerful with better handling

2010 Mustang gt
By Edward Scheitlin

2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great vehicle for cruising around and turning heads. During the winter season preffers to be stored somewhere warm.

Enough Mustang to make a Blue Oval guy happy
By Brent

2010 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought a low mileage (4,700 miles) 2010 Mustang GT Premium in January 2016 and have been extremely happy with this car. I owned two Fox body Mustangs (an '88 LX with 5.0 and a '92 Mustang GT with 5.0) and this car is head and shoulders above both. Great performance (3.73 option package with 19-inch Pirelli tires), outstanding gas mileage (24 highway), comfortable and high-tech interior and a great overall value. This car would blow the doors off of my 2001 SVT Lightning and yet still offers the comfort and economy that a Lightning can't touch. Best car I've ever owned. Period.