Used 2009 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Totally Happy
By David Myers

2009 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my 8th car and is by far the most enjoyable car ownership experience I've had. There is absolutely nothing to complain about with the car that I was not aware of when buying it --- the quality of workmanship throughout is excellent, everything is tight and works perfectly. There is only one thing I dislike about the car, and I knew about it upfront -- the solid axle in back and the consequent compromise in handling. That said, I get so much joy out of owning this vehicle, I can't imagine ever selling it. I LOVE IT!

The comfort, the sound, the overall feel, the looks. Tough to choose.

They've made the improvement in the 2010.

Turned a lifetime GM guy into a Ford guy
By Mike S.

2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned nothing but GM vehicles all my life. I don't know what GM was thinking with the new Camaro (yuk!) When Ford redesigned the Mustang in 2005, they had my attention. I finally "flipped" to Ford after comparing GM and Mopar offerings (I only purchase domestic vehicles - no imports for this guy!)and I could not be more pleased with my decision. I have the best of both worlds. The retro stlying of the sixties classics, but also the outstanding performance, handling, comfort, and reliability of a modern day vehicle. Not to mention, where else can you get this kind of car, brand new, with a V8, for 25K? Yes, the interior has a lot of plastic, but what car does not nowadays?

Power. Manual trans. Surprisingly smooth and quiet ride, at least for this type of vehicle. Styling. I Have seen the 2010 offering. Although Ford has addressed the shortcomings noted in other reviews on the new model, I personally like the 2005-2009 model better. Shaker 500 audio system ROCKS!

Moot point. All addressed, or, in my opinion, over-addressed in the 2010 model. The Mustang was never intended to be a luxury car. It is a very well executed, affordable muscle car.

My 09
By Nate

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very reliable car, Gas mileage isn't perect, but its a very stylish car and im really glad to have it.

I really love the font of the dash board gauges as it resembles that of the first Mustang's from the 60's

Mileage! No doubt about it that this car needs to have better milage. For something with only 210 horsepower, there should be better mileage. Thankfully the 2011 Mustang V6 and GT are expected to both have 6 more highway mpg's

Another stang to the corral
By stang68cs

2009 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Opted for a basic model so I can build it the way I want. Great gas mileage-- been averaging 27mpg on highway! Very cheap interior--too much plastic and broken parts already!!! But you get what you paid for. Great acceleration for a V6.

Exterior looks. Sound system.

Improve quality of plastic parts!

Ford GT Convertible 2009
By MattB

2009 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

An overall great car to drive and very, very fun. Tons of power and very responsive steering. I also test drove a convertible BMW 330i which also was responsive and great to drive but the Mustang won out due to the lesser cost and greater power. I have never owned a convertible but now I won't go back to a regular coupe. I can't say enough good things about this car.

Handling, power, manual shift. I have the top down as often as possible since I live in California it is nearly every day even now in December! Shaker stereo with Satellite radio and auxiliary input for phone and Ipod is also great!

None. Gas mileage is not an issue if you but this car. Leg room is limited in back but again is not bad for my smaller children.