Used 2008 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

O what a feeling
By Bob46

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

As a former owner, some25 years ago of a v6 mustangII holly crap. It's been 25 years of boring dependable toyota trucks. 6 be be exact. I finaly had to try one. Took my 20yr old son with me for a test drive. been loving it ever since. needles to say it's one car he won't be driving. It's a 2008 left over 4.0 premium with pony package.I'm allready having factory cold air induction installed as we speak and will probably go for dual exust. hav'nt had this much fun in a while. Hope it last a lot longer than my75 did.

handling, love hitting off ramps.

gas mileage, what the hell if I was so worried about that I would have bought acarolla

A lot of fun for the money
By 1trickpony

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2008 Mustang V6 with Pony Package at the beginning of 2009 and I love it! You can't beat the beautiful styling for the dollar. Pony package adds a performance look with fog lamps and Bullitt wheels. GT handling package really makes cornering a BLAST! Mine also has the optional Shaker 500 audio system, which I HIGHLY recommend if you are a music fan. Fuel economy is OK, I would have expected better from a V6 but it's not all that bad. The enthusiast in me can't help but want just a little more when I press the gas pedal, but this car has PLENTY of pep for most people, and it sounds really cool when accelerating. If you want power I suggest paying the extra $ for a GT.

Pony Package Shaker 500 audio Overall design

Fuel economy

So much more for so much less money
By Dennis

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

A great car! It is what it is a pony car with grunt,style and flair. I get positive comments from 10 to 80 year old guys and dolls. My Acura rarely gets attention like the Mustang!

Power from the small block V8. Handles well for a solid rear axle..just don't over do it in the hard corners with bumps.Very good fuel economy. Sound of the engine/exhaust.Ride, seats, shaker 500 is good, build quality, paint, 18 inch polished wheels,easy to maintain, tires,are all very good.

Hard plastics, more interior chrome touches (most after market bling bling is available out there to your liking). A independent rear( at more cost though). A lot of upgrades in power, styling, handling,braking are out there if you wish to add on. Have fun and join the Mustang Club of America.

excellent all-around!
By Alan

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My main focus is to drive a car that doesn't make feel bad about the purchase price or the fuel economy. My V8 gives me 24.7/MPG combined city/highway. I have the power when I need it and the smooth ROAR to brag about it. I didn't pay through the nose like I would have with some other performance cars and the looks are great. It doesn't have the girlie bells and whistles, like my wife's car does, but I didn't have to pay for them either. It's athletic, handsome, inexpensive to maintain, and it's american made and proud of it. Don't just buy one, buy two for the price one foreign made! When you're old and cranky spend your money on a luxury expensive car that only an expensive mechanic can fix

Handling is precise and sharp. Power that makes you feel it's an exension of yourself. Love that window closing automatically for the last inch. Great 500 shaker stereo system. Rear fold down seats are very practical.

Hidden radio antenna. Locking fuel door.

A car that makes style statement!
By OFiroz

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I imported my 2008 Black Mustang Convertible pony package from US to UAE (United Arab Emirates) being a sports car lover for years, it was my dream come true, but from the first day itself I was disappointed as far as comfy, quality and power are concerned. I thought Dodge Charger is more refined and comfortable, mustang behaved like my 1997 Ford Explorer though I thought Explorer is better in comfortability. But the moment I drop down the top it became totally different species all together. I became the center attraction, and it was fun to drive around in neighbor hood with loud music on. Better than my 1999 Camaro Convertible. All complaints are vanished!

Retro; unmistakable American Muscle Car look, nice interior design (not quality), leather seats, black carbon fiber dashboard look, convertible is a winner all the way.

C'mmon guys, V6 4ltr engine with 210 bhp? Charger has 3.5 engine with 250 bhp. If you guys doesnt want to change that ancient truck engine, please fix a turbo and increase the bhp for god sake. Comfortability is zero, though it is a sports car Ford should learn one or two from Dodge or Nissan.