Used 2008 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Long Term Report for this '08 V6 w/ manual 5spd
By Greybeard_FL

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

back again.. last post was around this time last year.. I now have 104500 miles on my pony.. this car is just great as my daily driver. Still have original brakes and pads!!

2 repair issues: 1st was harmonic damper failed @
75K miles.

2nd @ 85K could have been major, but was not. Pin that connects clutch pedal to clutch master cyl came loose. Ford does not make a replacement. Comment from dealer: 'That's not supposed to happen!' No, Really??!! Took pin to machine shop and modified it for $65. Fixed.

Otherwise only costs are normal maintainance.

Recommend that when you need new 16" tires.. replace with Pirelli P-4's. MUCH better rubber than factory originals

Still my favorites: retro styling.. awesome reliability.. good performance for an iron v-6.. smooth and quite with the new Pirelli's.. decent gas milage (if you can keep your foot out of it).. if you want V-8+ performance.. there are superchargers available that will give another 90-130 hp at the rear wheels.. for alot less cost than a V-8 car.. (sorry, I really like the snarl of a V-6 over the roar from a V-8)

No Complaints. With so many after-market parts available, who's to complain? if you don't like something, there's plenty to find that will fix your beef.

Very enjoyable
By Bgenia1216

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love my GT/CS. The performance is very exciting and the 4.6 does a nice job to really get this car moving. I have an auto and its no slug, it will get up and move when you want it to. The drop top is a very nice feature. Easy to operate and fairly quick to raise/lower. Due to the live rear axle you can experience some drivability issues when pushing the car around a turn with bumps in the road, not enough for me to really consider it not drivable when pushed. I have the shaker 500 and its loud enough to hear with the top down while driving 80. For MPG you can get good numbers if you are being very good. Top down 18/24 and up 20/25. You can have a new car with just a few mods, enjoy!

300 HP/320 ft/lb. Shaker 500. Leather seats. Comfortable seat in front at least. Real head turner. Candy apple red. Decent mileage when trying. Aftermarket parts are more than anyone could ever want. Good money for the power. seems to hold value well. Chicks love it! Love the power!

Less plastic on the inside. Get ride of the annoying blinker sound. Haven't rode in a new 2011 so can't really say what needs to be improved.

My 4th Mustang
By Briten88

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

4th Mustang, 1st V6, disappointing fuel mileage, my 4.6 got better. Big improvement interior and exterior from previous design, fit and finish much better also. Looking forward to trading on a 2011 with the 3.7 L v6.

Heated Leather seats, 500 watt sound system.

Better fuel economy with v6 (2011), lower belt line.

Best Bang for the Buck
By grabberorange

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a fun car this is. I have the Mustang grin every time I get behind the wheel of this car. There may be other cars on the market that can best any given Mustang in certain areas, but overall, the Mustang is THE best-buy in an affordable sports/muscle car. I bought the V6 with the Pony Package and have no regrets. Sure, the extra two cylinders would be nice, but I don't notice them gone when driving and paying for insurance. I wish I had one in every color offered. Overall, no complaints and will buy other S197 Mustangs in the future.

The looks, the quick steering, the acceleration, the sound, the price.

Make the dual exhaust standard on the V6. Add an interior trunk release. Make sequential stop lights standard.

Nice Pony
By Robbymoon

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my very first car, this 2008 Mustang V6. The exterior looks great and is very eye catchy. The performance is good for a V6. If your not much of a racer like me, this is the perfect car. Its hard to not floor it. I don't have TCS so i don't get the best gas mileage but I don't mind, after all, it's a sports car. I would recommend this to anybody. No matter what age.

The exterior and interior design. The layout of the engine bay. (except the location of the oil filter) The power.

Material for interior. The oil filter spot.