Used 2008 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Good Car
By 08mustangt

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

i have driven my 2008 mustang GT for 20,000 miles so far i have had no problems. i expected more acceleration but these mustangs will put you back in your seat much better than the V6. I like the interior much better than the previous 99-04 model. the seats are a bit uncomfortable especially on long trips. the back seat looks very uncomfortable but actually is ok.

the new mustang maybe fixed the power issue with the 5.0 liter

I LOVE MY CAR
By pdxcarguy

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a great value and Ford did a wonderful job merging classic design into a modern world.
I get around 20mpg (18 if I rod around) in the city and up to 26 on the hwy.
I think that the dark blue version is the best color and while my car has a grey interior and black top, I think that the best color combo is the dk blue with tan interior/top.
Nevertheless, I get comments on my car all the time - this car is great for meeting people!!
LOL!!
I upgraded the lousy tires that Ford ships with the car - I went from being able to take a 45 mph corner at 55 to 80++!!
If you test one and question it's performance I would suggest checking on the tires . . .

Without question the Shaker 500 stereo is my most favorite feature - it truly is Awesome! It sounds great and blows away anyone who hears it. I can't believe that there is a more powerful version!! Something else I was impressed with was when we had a snow storm in Portland that shut the city down I found out that I could easily get around in my Mustang. I drove past SUVs that had slid into the ditch and could go up hill without a problem - in a Mustang!! The car is so well balanced that I could go anywhere without worry in a car that I figured I would have to park.

Okay, so the reason I'm writing is because I think the electronic nanny (also know as traction control) is dangerous. While it is impressive when it is slick, it is SCARY when it is dry. In the Portland metro area we have plenty of 45mph roads that you may need to pull onto. You can't just ease onto these roads - especially in rush hour! So, when you step on the gas and expect to pull into traffic and the electronic nanny cuts the power it can be a terrifying experience!! I shut it off every time I get in the car. It should be something that defaults to OFF - I HATE that you have to turn it off instead of having to turn it on. This is a major safety flaw that I hope is corrected.

Do NOT buy a Mustang
By cakes5

2008 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought a 2008 Mustang GT last year. Big mistake. It looks pretty and is fast, but that is it. I have spent thousands of dollars on maintenance for it, having to replace part after part. Just a few days ago my engine light came on. I thought it was no big deal and I'd take it in to get checked out sometime. Well I was sitting at a red light, it turned green, I gave it gas, and it died on me. Right in the middle of the road. It started back up and as I began to drive it, it died again. I had to spend another $157 on it to get the cool air intake problem fixed. And of course the warranty has covered none of the many repairs. I had a Toyota before this car and never had these problems.

The car looks pretty and is fast. It is very unreliable and you will do nothing but pay alot of money fixing it all the time. It is a 2008, it's not like it's some old clunker. I like muscle cars and I wanted one. But the money I've spent on it is flat out rididulous. People buy newer cars so they don't have to spend alot on repairs. With a Mustang you'll have both. I am getting rid of it and getting an Acura RL. I would highly reccomend Toyota. I've had a Camry and a Highlader. They were the best cars I ever owned.

Just don't buy a Mustang.

Piece of Junk
By nomoreford3

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Horrible made vehicle.
My spoiler that is held on with double stick tape has come loose numerous times.
Dealership finally put 'pop-rivits' in it (creating holes in my trunk lid) and it still does not stay on.
Under the hood is RUST, rust bubbling on inside and outside.
And of course Ford doesn't accept responsibility for any of this.
Won't repair anything.
Interior is horrible and thin.
Within less than a month the driver seat was worn and terrible looking from the getting in and out of vehicle.
Have had at least one ford sitting in our driveway in the last 30 years between me, husband, children.
Will NEVER buy another Ford vehicle.
Very disgusting with this car and Ford Motor.

Great car for the money
By wndsofchng06

2008 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 08 Mustang with 14k on it,
I now have 54k and have had zero issues.
The V6 has plenty of power for any legal driving and I get up to 30 hwy mpg!
I recently ordered a new rear bumper and am changing her to dual exhaust!
I love this car and will probably keep it until it can go no futher!

style, performance, fuel mileage

Chrome on interior trim is bubbling up