Used 2008 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Not a Camaro
By rayyanko

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first Ford, I am a GM man. I wanted a sports car convertible, made in America. This was my only choice. I don't understand why Ford doesn't make Mustangs stock that is high performance. Yes you can purchase from Saleen, Rouch, etc, with all the goodies, why not from Ford, at least as options. I added a hurst shifter, chrome 20" wheels, side stripes, things to make it look better. I must admitt I do get a lot of "Nice Car" comments. Probably because I have over 100 coats of wax on it. Mine is a candy apple red. I do love the sound system, I wished they had a hood scoop on my car, even though it was a fake. It does look good. I purchased this car off the lot. My Camaro was fast

Color, radio, my new wheels, all the goodies I added.

More power! Nicer dash. Engine compatment could be nicer. More options for performance. More exterior options.

Better than a Lambo
By Alex

2008 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I work downtown Los Angeles and park at the country club with all sorts of exotic cars, let alone your M6s, S8s etc., but the valet guys favor my car. The people from GAS (Pimp my ride) spruced it up with 20 inch Boss wheels, Bassani exhaust, cold air in- take, computer chip and Eibach lowered suspension. In all I've spent an extra 10k on extras and it was well worth it. This care simply can't sit still and it's made to gun it with a mighty roar. I'd only wish I would have used the 1,200 bucks for the stereo and gotten an after-market system.

Power and sound

Needs better interior material.

Nothing else like it
By Redstang

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have been wanting a Mustang since I rented twice on business trips over the past few years. The car is just 100% fun to drive and own. People smile when you pass by and my kids think Dad is the coolest. The car handles well for an solid axle performance car. The ride is not rock hard but firm. Gas mileage is actually decent getting between 19-25 mpg if you keep a light foot. Push the pedal and watch the car go! If you need even more power get the 500 HP Shelby GT500. This will do the job on your Hemi Challenger and the new Camaro. The 18" rims and tires are a must, they fill out the wheel wells nicely. Shaker 500 audio is almost audiophile quality. Have fun!

Classic blend of Mustang styling cues from past and present. Power, handling, audio system. My Color dashboard. Fun factor.

Interior is a little too plastic even with optional deluxe package. Outside mirrors look cheap. Can get aftermarket covers for.

Fun,Fun, Fun!
By Dennis

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This a wonderful coupe the drive. Build is top notch and love the fuel economy for a V8. (27-29mpg)! The sound system is fabulous as well. Like the large trunk for this size pony and the flip down back seats is a bonus too. The structure is sound, great road manners with some hop on turns when hitting a bump. Braking is top notch. Steering is easy and controlled. The car has much appeal.

Power, handling; brakes; sound system; interior upgrades; exterior syling is easy on the eye and timeless; paint quality; seats are comfortable; the aluminum polished wheels; transmission gates; the exhaust sound!

More daytime illumination of the speedo, tack and guages please. A standard outdoor temp gauge would be nice.

So fun to drive!
By Whoa!

2008 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My Mustang GT is so fun to drive! The interior is very comfortable and classy and the ambient lighting is just plain cool. I am most impressed by the driving experience. Such quick response and smooth ride. Absolutely a blast to drive!

The engine rumble and acceleration.

Shame it doesn't have optional sunroof available.