Used 2007 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

magic mustang
By mike

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Only had the car 3+ months and will store it for the winter. Inside and out, this car reminds me of my all- time favorite '67 Mustang. Car has Flowmaster exhaust, sounds great, awesome V8 rumble. Leather seats are very comfortable, Mach 1000 stereo is outstanding. Seriously, 100 mph, top down, tunes sound perfect. Original owner said only issue he had was door covers vibrating with tunes loud. Dealer packed the doors with insulation, no more problem. Quality of interior materials is very good, better than most cars. Fit and finish is excellent. Mileage is fairly good if you behave, but that's tough to do - too much fun. Get one before they're gone!

'67 Mustang looks. V8 rumble. Mach 1000 stereo. Retro dash.

None

Rear defrost broke. Rides like Dads old Ford dump truck

Happy & In Love
By Happy & In Love

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the first time I purchased a Mustang and I love her......It is so much fun to drive and take sharp corners. I wouldn't trade it for nothing. Oh and by the well her name is Mustang Sally......

How she handles the road and looks

more space and better stero equipment

Great Car
By Michael B.

2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'm not an easy sale, which is part of the reason why even though I love this car so much that I do not give it all 10's as the purpose of this is to inform you and not brag about how great of a car this is. The car looks great stock but lacks the power that I personally desire. Easily fixed though with very accessible modifications that you can do. Interior quality can be improved but leave the exterior alone as it looks the way it should. The Handling is great and it behaves like a muscle car is supposed to. Definitely recommend getting an aftermarket intake, exhaust and a custom tune otherwise don't expect to blow by other cars in it's class with ease.

Solid engine, great looking, acts the way a muscle car should act, very easy to access aftermarket upgrades for this car. I am a big guy and this car SHOCKED me with the amount of front seat space.

Interior needs improvements. Stop using hard plastic and throw in some soft vinyl like back in the good old days. Speakers rattle at times due to plastic covers. Engine Response slow but again can be improved with an aftermarket throttle body/intake/tune. It moves but sometimes hesitates stock.

4.0L v6
By S197

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The engine in this car really surprised me when I test drove it. Quite a bit more power than the older 6's. I have not had any real problems with it yet and the engine seems really solid. When I hit bumps or turn the music up I do get a rattle from either the mirror or the door handle, but I have heard the same from alot of S197 owners. Overall this is a great daily driver and pretty fun. However if you live somewhere with snow, it probably isn't a great choice.

I really like the retro styling on the exterior. The pony package is well worth the money. I test drove auto and manual and the auto can't even compare. It feels alot weaker to me. The traction control is great in the rain. It should be standard. Pirelli tires are a nice touch.

Ford should fix the rattling, seeing as it is fairly common. It seems like they should also be able to get more than 215hp out of a 4.0L engine. Unless you don't ever have fun with this car, don't expect to get the mileage that it is advertised with.