Used 2007 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Happy & In Love
By Happy & In Love

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the first time I purchased a Mustang and I love her......It is so much fun to drive and take sharp corners. I wouldn't trade it for nothing. Oh and by the well her name is Mustang Sally......

How she handles the road and looks

more space and better stero equipment

Great Car
By Michael B.

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'm not an easy sale, which is part of the reason why even though I love this car so much that I do not give it all 10's as the purpose of this is to inform you and not brag about how great of a car this is. The car looks great stock but lacks the power that I personally desire. Easily fixed though with very accessible modifications that you can do. Interior quality can be improved but leave the exterior alone as it looks the way it should. The Handling is great and it behaves like a muscle car is supposed to. Definitely recommend getting an aftermarket intake, exhaust and a custom tune otherwise don't expect to blow by other cars in it's class with ease.

Solid engine, great looking, acts the way a muscle car should act, very easy to access aftermarket upgrades for this car. I am a big guy and this car SHOCKED me with the amount of front seat space.

Interior needs improvements. Stop using hard plastic and throw in some soft vinyl like back in the good old days. Speakers rattle at times due to plastic covers. Engine Response slow but again can be improved with an aftermarket throttle body/intake/tune. It moves but sometimes hesitates stock.

4.0L v6
By S197

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The engine in this car really surprised me when I test drove it. Quite a bit more power than the older 6's. I have not had any real problems with it yet and the engine seems really solid. When I hit bumps or turn the music up I do get a rattle from either the mirror or the door handle, but I have heard the same from alot of S197 owners. Overall this is a great daily driver and pretty fun. However if you live somewhere with snow, it probably isn't a great choice.

I really like the retro styling on the exterior. The pony package is well worth the money. I test drove auto and manual and the auto can't even compare. It feels alot weaker to me. The traction control is great in the rain. It should be standard. Pirelli tires are a nice touch.

Ford should fix the rattling, seeing as it is fairly common. It seems like they should also be able to get more than 215hp out of a 4.0L engine. Unless you don't ever have fun with this car, don't expect to get the mileage that it is advertised with.

Love My Stang - Low Miles Too!
By DPDIAMOND

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I use my California Special GT as a toy, weekend car.. I only have 970 miles, its will be 3 years old in December 09. Only work has been oil change, and the front strut "clunker", which is a technical bulletin warranty work...I need to drive her more, car sits too much.. Love to take her out on Sunday, and let my pony run...

Turn the key, 4.6 V8 growl... Love the rumble....

More billet materials in the interior, less plastic.. But hey, that is what aftermarket dress up is for.. Also, more HP in V8..

A fun ride
By DjfunkmasterG

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my Mustang over 2 years now and it is lucky #13. I have been driving Mustangs since 1988. Out of the 13 I have owned only one was a lemon, a 2004 which I bought as a left over, but this 2007 has been spectacular just like the previous 11 models with no issues. While the interior feels like a cockpit and more room was given for taller drivers in the 05 redesigns, it could still use some work. The center console could be a little smaller. Handling is nice with the 18" wheel package. My model also has the 3.55 rear axle. I drive a basic deluxe, the only options were the 3.55 rear, upgraded dash, and the 18" wheels, otherwise barebones, and I love it. Over this is fun car.

The premium Dash, and the pick from the start line. The 5 speed manual transmission. This car will get from 0- 60 in just over 5 seconds. And the growl from the dual exhaust powered by the 4.6L 3v V8 is music to my ears

Slim down the center console an inch on each side. Standard radio system should by the Shaker 500. For automatic models maybe introduce autostick, and for the love of god make all wheels 19" standard