Used 2007 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Love my GT/CS Convertible!
By Sherry

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a really fun car to drive! One thing that helped this car tremendously in handling was an Eibach lowering kit - before lowering it the car would get some serious body roll in the turns. After lowering it I sacrificed some of the cushy ride, but owning a Mustang isn't about being cushy! The delayed throttle response due to the fly-by-wire technology is a little strange to get used to, but can be compensated for by adding a hydrogen assist kit - supposed to help with gas mileage (and it does by about 1-2 mpg), but in this car with a tune it actually added about 12-15 hp, which seems to all come in during the low rpms, improving throttle response and the 'seat of your pants' launch.

Convertible is a lot of fun. Used several times in parades and has been absolutely perfect for it. The 5- speed automatic is absolutely the best! After test driving both the manual and automatic, I ordered mine with the automatic because it felt faster - and I've driven/raced manuals for years!

Paint quality isn't the greatest - it seems to be thinly applied and I've gotten a few nasty rock chips that shouldn't have gone as deep as they do. The interior is pretty good, but would be better if they used a higher quality leather.

Nice ride
By jquin4

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've driven 2 Altimas & a Corolla before this vehicle. Big step up in 'fun factor' and performance. I don't know of any speedy, chic autos that can compare to Mustang convertibles when it comes to price. I'm glad I have it and am seriously considering buying a GT in the future. Ford please don't change the body style. I'd like to see the interior improved, but most people who are aware of Mustang realize that cheap interior is par for the course. Besides, that would increase the price. Some small mishaps occurred in year 1: the windows malfunctioned at times, the trunk light went loose, the turn signal had problems. Driving out to the beach is a blast. Better than a Sebring or Solara!

Body styling. Affordability. Many options

Find a way to improve interior while keeping costs down. A/C inferior to other vehicles in this price range.

Best 4 seat convertible for the money
By John

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've only had Japanese or German cars, but the Mustang has always stirred my interest a little, despite my general disdain for American design.That is, until this new body style came along. I must admit that I warmed up to it quickly and before long, I just had to have it. I wanted a convertible (actually did not mind a V6) and realized that since I'm a family man now, there are not a lot of choices out there:(Solara, anyone? Or worse, Eos) The Mustang fit the bill: Classic style, history, raw power and seats 4 to boot. Got the V8, who needs the radio when you have the rumble from the exhaust for entertainment? Crazy torque, handles well for its size and looks gorgeous with the top down

Exterior style, Interior style (not materials), minimal shake for a vert, Awesome stereo (you can hear the songs at 85 mph with the wind rushing over your head), Passing prowess and drama with the manual. Surprisingly docile for city driving, corners well for a big car. Different colors on dash.

Interior materials, more storage in cabin, relocate cupholders. One latch and one button top lowering. 18 inch wheels standard on GT, upgraded brakes. Better AV outlet cover (seriously!) Rattle during low speed 2-3 shifts. Cloth top standard. Spare tire.

My first convertible
By redrock360

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a convertible, now I have one. The car is fun to drive, very comfortable for a sports car, and I am really suprised at how great the ride is. I expected more road noise with the top up, so I am pleasantly surprised at the lack of noise. You can carry on a conversation with a passenger in normal tones with the top down. Same goes for listening to the radio. The V6 has plenty of power for an old guy like me (late 40's) and is pretty quick also.

Convertable top! Retro look inside and out.Front seats are very comfortable. The ease at which you can raise and lower the top. The way the front windows self seal when closing the doors. Automatic up and down windows.

Self dimming rear view mirror should be standard. Trunk release inside car in easy reach of driver. Tilt wheel should be easier to operate.

Very Happy
By Bud

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The fun factor of driving this car is off the charts! The engine, with the cold air intake, is the sweetest sounding engine that you have ever heard with a low, high pitched whistle. Get the seat warmer option and you can drive it with the top down over 40 degrees. I picked it up in Tampa and the 8 hours I spent driving it home was as much fun as a man can have with his clothes on! Handling is superb and the front seats are extremely comfortable with the ability to actually lean your head back on the head rest to prevent fatigue. Very pleased and happy with the purchase a month into the ride.