Used 2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My 1st V8
By sk13

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Initially I was worried about fuel mileage but anyone wanting one should not be concerned. My mixed driving has returned anywhere from 19.8 MPG to 22.0 MPG and I did a highway test to see what I would get there and it turned out 26.7 MPG running 70- 75 MPH! The engine is fantastic, revs smooth, revs fast, tremendous torque will pull from anywhere in the rev range, can run down almost anything on the road. Interior is roomy and trunk is very usuable. Has tremendous ability to handle curves and also turns tighter than my '04 did. Looks superb, I get positive comments often.

Fantastic engine response and surprisingly good fuel mileage. Roomy interior. Beautiful design, anyone instantly knows it's a Mustang V8.

Firmer brakes please.

Gas Guzzler? Not exactly!
By Eric

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The funny thing about the V8 GT is that it gets surprisingly good MPG on the highway and I routinely get 28mpg going back and forth between New York City and Lake George (250 mi). Around town and stomping on the gas from green lights I hover around 20. My Civic got 32mpg highway. One goes 0 to 60 in 9 seconds, one gets there in about 5. The biggest chuckle I get is when I stop the car at home, reach into the back seat where my son's child seat resides and pull him out, much to the amazement of passerbys and even more when I pull out his stroller from the trunk. This is a big, wide, safe feeling car and gas attendents routinely are amazed when they can't reach across with the squeegee.

Basically you can be in like almost any gear and step on the gas and roar away. Low RPM it's growl tends turns people's heads, high RPM you approach SuperBike/NASCAR types sounds. That kick when it hits 3000 rpm and starts to rocket forward faster and faster in any gear never grows old.

Anything in the cupholders impedes shifting the stick. Slightly taller first gear.

My 3rd. Mustang
By Mustangman

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My first was a 1967 coupe, after that I was hooked. Then came the 2001 Bullet, then the 2007 GT/CS. I have loved them all. Driving this new one is a blast if your in town or on the highway or at the drag strip. It handles very well. The fit and finish inside and out are above avg. The Shaker 500 stereo is awesome.(wish I would have got the 1000 though) I have done a few minor mods and am pleased with the results. This 3 valve motor responds well to modifications.

Stereo system, retro styling, handling, paint color. Mine is Vista Blue.

Bigger horsepower option for the GT, shifter/shorter throw, trunk release button in reach of the driver, stronger lower end of the motor. My GT/CS had 3 small dents from the factory that were removed the paint less way for free by the dealer, but they shouldn't have been there in the first place

Back to Funtown!
By ScottG

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I traded my 05 Acura TL w/ 30k for this 07 GT w/ 7.5k straight-up. Says a lot about Honda/Acura resale vs. Ford. My TL was flawless in 3yrs so I hope the 'Stang does as well. The comparo. is apples/oranges but things I'll miss are made up for w/ the style, power and my love for Pony Fords.(got a 70 conv.)Ride is stiff or course, but handles like it's on rails. So solid it feels like it has been carved from stone. Impressive! Big car, I'm 6'6" and have plenty of head/legroom. Check back in a year to see if I'm still in love. If so I may have to trade up to the Glasstop fastback coming ion 09.

Power, Mustang bodystyle, retro/modern int./ext.. Handling is awesome. God bless traction control. Launches like a rocket.

Memory seats or power seatback that returns to previous setting, Inside trunk release, Higher grade int. materials, Audio controls on steering wheel, replace Green LED displays w/ LCD, Steering wheel layout needs redesign. Auto/Man Trans., Auto Temp. Stereo needs EQ.

07' GT
By mcmc1955

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

No rattles, good handling, great mileage for a semi-hot rod. Rear quarter visibility is limited by the fastback design, but this is a nostalgia tradeoff to look like the 68/69 Mustangs. The front seat has great comfort, the back seat never was meant for comfort.

Tremec transmission feels like you're driving an old muscle car.

More optional cubic inches. Make the old 351 or a 392 stroker an option in the GT, it costs no more to build those engines. There needs to be a middle ground between the GT and the Roush. Don't wait for the new Camaro and Challenger to take the market.