Used 2007 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

American muscle
By bv

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After reviewing and test driving the 350z, G35 and Mustang gt and I decided to get the Mustang. The z is a blast to drive but doesn't have a back seat. The G35 is expensive to maintain. The great thing about the Mustang is you get a good deal of power in a fun to drive package for a relatively cheap price. With the spoiler, hood scoop and in black, this car can turn heads. In addition, the ride is relatively comfortable for a sport car. This car can be used as a daily commuter and still offer fun at your foots call. With all the after market options the possibilities are endless. Ford got this one right!

V8 power, scoop, leather seats, exhaust rumble, shaker 500

Seats aren't bad, but maybe a bit more support. Could always use more power, but the 2011s addressed that.

Best Present I Always Get - Every Spring
By WNYFordGuy

2007 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'd always driven the 88 GT I owned (bought new) 7-8 months a year, and loved that 'new car' feeling I got whenever I put it on the road every April. Once I saw the retro exterior styling on the '05, and I heard about its great performance, I knew I was going to buy one. I kept the 88 GT for 19 yrs - I really liked it, but I finally ordered an '07 on the Z-plan. The '07 GT is head, mane, and shoulders above the '88 in every way I can think. My 3 boys are going to have to fight me for this car when I get too old to drive it - hopefully when it becomes a true Ford classic in about 20 yrs.

Awesome looking car (bright red w/ opt. black racing stripes, and I think the std 17" 5-spoke rims look fantastic), great performance, exhaust burble, smooth 5-speed transmission/clutch, MyColor/dashboard, Aux input for iPod. And it gets 21 MPG in the limited driving (3k/yr) I do!

Do the U-joints have to be so loud (occasionally) when shifting? Replace hard/cheap plastics in interior, and the useless cup holders. I wish there was a Ford stereo upgrade - something between the std equipment and the Shaker 500. Maybe I'm too old, but I like the sound sys in my 04 Explorer.

Pure Fun to Drive
By Shelby GT

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 Shelby GT to own a piece of history. Not too often do you come across a serial numbered car offered at 0% for 60 months. I have always wanted a GT Mustang, and this was an opportunity I could not pass up. I took it on a long road trip in the Summer of 08 and put about 1300 miles on it over a period of 2 weeks, and average 24 MPG with the cruise set at 70 MPH. I just love the short throw shifter Shelby put in, as it gives you the best feeling off the line when shifting gears. The exhaust notes are music to the ears when starting or even when romping on the gas. I have no intentions of trying to get my money back by selling at a later date. I will take this to the grave.

Cold-air intake, FRPP Suspension Kit, Short-throw shifter, and high flow exhaust.

Already done by bringing back the 5.0.

I Luv My Mustang
By kerrie

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'd change 2 things more leg room in the back, and they should have utilized the space in front of the shifter for storage and the dip in the dash for storage. There is nowhere to put anything, poor engineering. Nothing new, wasted space!

PonyPkgV6Premium
By Pres.

2007 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Except for gas mileage, this is about as much fun as I've ever had driving an automobile. I don't refueling as I only get 20-22 mpg. I did slightly modify the dash panel as the chrome rings around the gauges made the instruments hard to read in some sunlight conditions. The Pony Package suspension with cold air intake and DynaFlow duals make driving country roads near my home a blast!

Suspension, sound (exhaust) and sound (Shaker system).

1. Better gas mileage. 2. Eliminate chrome rings around instruments.