Used 2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Little Engine that Does
By Dr. Scott

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My 1997 Lincoln Town Car with just under 200,000 miles has the same engine as our new "used" 2007 GT. The Lincoln is infinitely better than my wife's 1998 Cadillac de Ville d'Elegance with barely 104,000. The Cadillac is up for sale and good ridance too. Again my 57 year old wife drives like she did our 75 Corvette.

Front-Back weight ratio, fun factor even for old foogies, quality of switch gear, solidness when you shut the door, engineer features (windows power down to ease door closure), etc.

Get rid of the "live" rear axle, offer selection of differential ratios for both automatic and standard, raise windsheld height about one inch while narrowing rear quarter pilars.

Love My Stang - Low Miles Too!
By DPDIAMOND

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I use my California Special GT as a toy, weekend car.. I only have 970 miles, its will be 3 years old in December 09. Only work has been oil change, and the front strut "clunker", which is a technical bulletin warranty work...I need to drive her more, car sits too much.. Love to take her out on Sunday, and let my pony run...

Turn the key, 4.6 V8 growl... Love the rumble....

More billet materials in the interior, less plastic.. But hey, that is what aftermarket dress up is for.. Also, more HP in V8..

The best car I have ever owned
By melinda taylor

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. It handles get in all weather. It is heavy and holds the road so much better than the 04 Mustang I traded in and I loved that car but this one with the v8 engine rocks. I enjoy every minute I am driving.

I love the exterior and interior. I bought toughskin gray and love it. The extra power with the v8 is great along with the cool sound.

None

Great looking and fun but some drawbacks
By rocpat

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Overall I love my Mustang GT. It's very fun to drive and makes a great daily driver. The style, performance, and sound can't be beat for the price. I drive mine year-round and only the worst snow storms will slow it down. It also gets decent gas mileage when driven with respect. I constantly get around 30 MPG on the highway and 18 MPG with mixed driving. My only complaint is the build quality could stand to be improved. I've brought it to the dealer numerous times to have various parts replaced. None were serious, mostly just to fix rattles, clunks or other odd noises the car was making. Other than that the car has been reliable for the two years I've owned it.

Style, power (although it could always use more), and size of aftermarket for customization.

Build quality. I've had numerous parts replaced to fix annoying sounds. Also paint is pretty thin and easily chipped and scratched.

Success
By Skinnydogred

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had my 07 GT for well over a year now and love the car and driving experience. For the last 20 years I've driven more fuel efficient trucks and SUVs and it sure does feel nice to have a motor under the hood. The car pretty much follows your foot's command. The car's been out a few years now, but it still attract attention and conversation most places I go. I don't drive the car hard nor do I drive it passive. Speeding tickets could be a problem in this car. When I get out on the road I find myself engaged in the drive. Other cars/traffic seem to always be going to slow; watch yourself if you buy one of these cars to drive!

Both exterior and interior styling. I feel good while driving down the road and when I walk up to the car it's always the nicest, sporty looking car to my eye. Plenty of power under the hood and a nice V8 exhaust sound; even for quiet neighborhoods. Shaker 500 not too bad for a stock stereo.

While on a nice blacktopped expressway, the GT's a dream. Those warn out Seattle roads are freakin noisy! Too much road noise on most roads and streets! Dash board vibrates; Ford Engineers - be ashamed!