Used 2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

American muscle
By bv

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After reviewing and test driving the 350z, G35 and Mustang gt and I decided to get the Mustang. The z is a blast to drive but doesn't have a back seat. The G35 is expensive to maintain. The great thing about the Mustang is you get a good deal of power in a fun to drive package for a relatively cheap price. With the spoiler, hood scoop and in black, this car can turn heads. In addition, the ride is relatively comfortable for a sport car. This car can be used as a daily commuter and still offer fun at your foots call. With all the after market options the possibilities are endless. Ford got this one right!

V8 power, scoop, leather seats, exhaust rumble, shaker 500

Seats aren't bad, but maybe a bit more support. Could always use more power, but the 2011s addressed that.

Pure Fun to Drive
By Shelby GT

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my 07 Shelby GT to own a piece of history. Not too often do you come across a serial numbered car offered at 0% for 60 months. I have always wanted a GT Mustang, and this was an opportunity I could not pass up. I took it on a long road trip in the Summer of 08 and put about 1300 miles on it over a period of 2 weeks, and average 24 MPG with the cruise set at 70 MPH. I just love the short throw shifter Shelby put in, as it gives you the best feeling off the line when shifting gears. The exhaust notes are music to the ears when starting or even when romping on the gas. I have no intentions of trying to get my money back by selling at a later date. I will take this to the grave.

Cold-air intake, FRPP Suspension Kit, Short-throw shifter, and high flow exhaust.

Already done by bringing back the 5.0.

BAD 2007 427R Roush Mustang
By Donna Olson

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new payed over $50,000 for it and have had one problem after another with it. After 3 weeks of buying the Super Charger failed, the the stripes started to rust, new expensive tires were wearing all to fast but Ford said we had no problem even though it also had a knocking noise but we still had no prob all 3 times. If that was not enough our warranty expired and they sold us a SERVICE agreement that was the only waranty they said when we purchased it would cover the Roush parts well not true the computer portion of the Roush failed and this SERVICE agreement supposed to be extended waranty will not cover this because it is an after market part. I am sick

That I totally was ripped off but we did support our local dealer while I bent over and asked for more

Stay away from Ford Buy TOYOTA the Ford is no better than they were before

Not worth the money or on resale
By Ex Shelby Guy

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The Shelby Ford Mustangs have no resale after two to four years. Over 50% lost value from 2007. Don't waste your time with these cars, everyone wants to sell theirs. Stick to Honda or Toyota, you will be money ahead! Nice job by Shelby to create the fluff for bigger profits. Most Baby boomers are retiring and now need the money not the fluff.

Black color

Don't purchase, poor value.

4.6 L V8
By N0TW777

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've bought my Mustang GT with a GT appearance package (includes the hood scoop and a pony emblem on the engine) used about 5 months ago and I love it. the appearance package mirrors the 1967 GT perfectly. It is easy to drive with plenty of power. Tight corners are no problem for it. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Handling, acceleration, and classic based body style.

Ford should bring back the 5.0L V8.