Used 2007 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Think Twice
By Jimbo

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car new and sold it after 4 months. Highs------Great looks and fun to drive Lows-----6 cyclinder 4.0 engine is loud and sounds course and unrefined. You almost think that something is wrong with the engine. Dash board rattled after the first week; however I did not take it back thinking it would get worse during the warranty period and be easier to find. 5 Speed manual transmission felt clunky, had a long throw, and seemed hard to get into gear sometimes. Seats looked good but felt like cheap material and I will be suprised if they wear well. Neutral----almost no backseat--but I knew that when I bought it.

Great looks and fun to drive is absolutely all it has going for it.

Every area listed as "lows" above need some major work.

A Great Machine
By WebNews47

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 1987 Firebird (red, with a 2.8 V6) and kept it for six years. So, 20 years later, here I am with a red V6 car, but a much better one. It's a real beauty, and I'm almost afraid to take it out of the garage, I confess. But I do, and have to avoid just getting in and driving for the sake of driving.

Six-disc CD player (no more fumbling to change discs), radio reception seems better.

Make anti-lock and traction control standard, more storage space would be nice, one more trip odometer would be helpful, and I'd feel more secure with a locking fuel access door and an interior trunk release.

A Real Hoot to Drive
By Dude,WaaayBigFun

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Best bang for the buck on the market bar none! Pulls good from 0 to 3000 rpm and then the power band kicks in from 3000 to redline and when it shifts into 2nd it really sinks you back into your seat. I have an automatic tranny because of rush hour traffic but if you can shift better than the automatic you should be on tour with the N.H.R.A. I get envious looks and thumbs up on a regular basis .Love the throtty V-8 rumble, great stereo, multi-colored dash,a nd heated leather seats. This car has more aftermarket parts than any other car, cannot wait to add roush supercharger.

V-8 power, stereo, heated leather seats, multi colored dash is fun to show off to people, surprisingly large trunk with fold down rear seats for long items. Lots of aftermarket goodies to make your ride original, which is real good because in my neighborhood there is a Mustang on every block.

Inside the glove box would be a nice place to have a trunk opener, fold in mirrors would be better. Blind spots could be a problem for drivers who don't know how to step on the gas pedal. These are minor complaints that could be better without raising the cost of the car too much.

2007 GT/CS vista blue
By Brian

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love the car. this is my third Mustang. my first was a 67 coupe, then a 2001 GT, now this one. I love the color, the performance, the only thing Ford didnt get right is the comfort of the driver. On any drive over an hour or so, the comfort level goes down. I have had 2 warrenty issues with this Mustang. The leather insert on the pass. door had to be replaced, it was not glued on properly. I also had trouble with the rev limiter kicking in to soon in third gear, and sometimes fourth. A flash tuner should fix this issue. Overall I am very pleased with my new stang. I can't wait to up the hp.

It's a blast to drive. What more is there to say.

More comfort for the driver. More hp and torque. Better brakes.

Almost Perfect!
By jmr1061

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Having owned 3 of the previous generation Mustangs, in my opinion this was a huge leap forward for the Mustang. For the money, Ford did an excellent job of producing a top end, sporty pony car. The ride and balance is excellent, and the retro look is awesome! Overall quality is very good. This is the best bang for the buck on the market today. For a larger car than previous years, the interior seems smaller - more cramped, but still very comfortable.

This car is so easy to drive! Shifting is so smooth compared to previous models. The info display helpful, and the multi-colored dash choice is very fun! I use the MP3 input jack all the time.

The car has a slight lag in excelleration that can easily be fixed with a CAI and tune - Ford could have done this from the factory easily with little or no effect on MPG while gaining more power. The dash rattles are very annoying. The car is need to lose weight to compete in this class.