Used 2007 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 131 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Try a Ford Again
By cajunland

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We mulled it over for a while, to buy or not to buy just for a sometime driver. So I bought first Ford in many years (1990 was last). Loved the body style so bought just for body style, not as a daily driver. It has become my daily driver, parking my 02 V8 Tundra. Just made a 600 mile trip and averaged 30 MPG hwy at 70 MPH. Impressed with V6 power. It is plenty for me. Comfort is not great, cabin is not quite (primarily engine noise), but it is what it is, not a luxury car, not a speed burner, but good dependable transportation with style.

Looks, shaker sound system, economy - as good MPG as an Avalon I previously owned

Power seat back, passenger power seats, taller seating position, more leg room, more storage space

I'm more Than Disappointed
By Donna

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

After owning 7 previous stangs I am so disappointed in my 2007 V6 5 speed stang. Though the exterior of it gets my heart singing and remembering the great ones I previously owned, The clutch and transmission has been a real horror. The car emits a low growl on acceleration in the mid to back. The shifting is very rough and very hard to move into reverse. The starter failed, the door handles had to be replaced. The interior seats are cheap and the seat belt is hard to get ahold of. I've complained about the 10mph gas mileage, had been on the phone and my car at the shop for the last 3 payments. They say nothing is wrong with it. I am not used of hearing the shifting so rough and loud. Sad day

The exterior design, the sound of the engine, that's if I can get it to go into reverse to back it out of the garage and put it into 1st without dropping the tranny or the throw out bearing.

They need to replace the brass pieces in the shifting mechanism with something else and improve on the clutch. Redo seatbelts for better reach. Also they need an interior trunk button. Ford needs to have customer reps that can really help you instead of hanging up when you need them to mediate.

My 1st V8
By sk13

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Initially I was worried about fuel mileage but anyone wanting one should not be concerned. My mixed driving has returned anywhere from 19.8 MPG to 22.0 MPG and I did a highway test to see what I would get there and it turned out 26.7 MPG running 70- 75 MPH! The engine is fantastic, revs smooth, revs fast, tremendous torque will pull from anywhere in the rev range, can run down almost anything on the road. Interior is roomy and trunk is very usuable. Has tremendous ability to handle curves and also turns tighter than my '04 did. Looks superb, I get positive comments often.

Fantastic engine response and surprisingly good fuel mileage. Roomy interior. Beautiful design, anyone instantly knows it's a Mustang V8.

Firmer brakes please.

Gas Guzzler? Not exactly!
By Eric

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The funny thing about the V8 GT is that it gets surprisingly good MPG on the highway and I routinely get 28mpg going back and forth between New York City and Lake George (250 mi). Around town and stomping on the gas from green lights I hover around 20. My Civic got 32mpg highway. One goes 0 to 60 in 9 seconds, one gets there in about 5. The biggest chuckle I get is when I stop the car at home, reach into the back seat where my son's child seat resides and pull him out, much to the amazement of passerbys and even more when I pull out his stroller from the trunk. This is a big, wide, safe feeling car and gas attendents routinely are amazed when they can't reach across with the squeegee.

Basically you can be in like almost any gear and step on the gas and roar away. Low RPM it's growl tends turns people's heads, high RPM you approach SuperBike/NASCAR types sounds. That kick when it hits 3000 rpm and starts to rocket forward faster and faster in any gear never grows old.

Anything in the cupholders impedes shifting the stick. Slightly taller first gear.

My 3rd. Mustang
By Mustangman

2007 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My first was a 1967 coupe, after that I was hooked. Then came the 2001 Bullet, then the 2007 GT/CS. I have loved them all. Driving this new one is a blast if your in town or on the highway or at the drag strip. It handles very well. The fit and finish inside and out are above avg. The Shaker 500 stereo is awesome.(wish I would have got the 1000 though) I have done a few minor mods and am pleased with the results. This 3 valve motor responds well to modifications.

Stereo system, retro styling, handling, paint color. Mine is Vista Blue.

Bigger horsepower option for the GT, shifter/shorter throw, trunk release button in reach of the driver, stronger lower end of the motor. My GT/CS had 3 small dents from the factory that were removed the paint less way for free by the dealer, but they shouldn't have been there in the first place