Used 2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 315 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Mustang - Fun to drive AGAIN!
By Lovin 50!

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed my Mustang convertible for 3 years. It makes driving fun! Top is down unless it's raining. AC/Htr work fine to keep me comfortable in Texas heat. It's my car... it's my fun....it's my identity!

Convertible top!! Engine sound

Key suggestions would be: automatic top down, don't like holding button. Connection for iPod and gps.

Have your cake and eat it too!
By Green Onion

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We ordered our's Labor Day of '05 and picked it up in Nov. Power, handling, MPG, looks are all amazing. At first, the MPG was awful but it's only temporary. After the break in period, I've seen as high as 26 MPG (at avg. 77 MPH) and regularly get 23-24 MPG on my commute (1/3 city 2/3rds Hwy). I suspect, it could go as high as 30 MPG on a long trip and a moderate 65mph but don't think I never put my foot in it. Plenty have tried but no one has beat me in stop light drags. Handling is surprising for solid rear axle, but would prefer a proper independent rear suspension. There are downsides, heavy doors, squeaks & rattles from dash but this is one of the most pleasurable cars on the road!

Power! 95% of what is on the road can't touch this car for performance but with only a little care you can get great MPG. A friend's 4 Cyl. Accord gets 27 MPG on his commute. I get 24 MPG on a similar commute. Looks fantastic. Exhaust note is gorgeous. Great trunk space. Leather Seats.

Lateral Support. Interior trim is cheap. Manual is clunky. The Mustang would be world class with Independent Rear Suspension option. Better service: Dealer recommended service for the rear end. Took 2 more trips to get out all the groans & vibrations! 21 days total without the car, ridiculous!

used to love it...
By bad times bad car

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I wanted the gt for many years, so I finally traded in my Mitsubishi for a 06 tungsten grey mustang gt. Ran great for about 2 months, then the problems started to occur... Ford services departments no matter where you go are no help, your better off saving time and money by going to an aftermarket shop to have any work done. I have owned it for a year and am done putting time and money into it. Though you can customize the car to any extent your better off getting a Dodge, Toyota, anything other than a ford.

The dash was my favorite feature and the only part of the car to not have any problems

Get a tune to have the lag go away if you purchase an automatic. Ford should offer better warranties for a car with so many problems

Good Buy
By Jay

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'll be sad to see mine go. I've had BMW's, Camaro's, and Vettes, and this is by far my favorite car to date. Very reliable so far with only one problem (fuel gauge sensor) but otherwise a perfect all around car. Not too fast (yes there is such a thing), but more than fast enough to get you in trouble on any road.

V8 sound. Best exhaust note ever.

Interior material quality. The 06 didn't have heated leather, but they fixed that in 07. Also a bit more exhaust note would be awesome.

Sad but True....not worth it
By PhantomrStang

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned my car for 3 years. Wanted one since I was a kid. Very unhappy. Squeaks and rattles in the dash, window tint scratches when rolled down, spoiler comes lose constantly, vibration in front end that no one can seem to fix, new rattle in suspension, beginning to have trouble with the drive train, carpet and leather wear terribly, windows are beginning to leak when washed, more wind noise etc. This car was garage kept and babied, there is no excuse for this horrible quality. Though it was fun to drive and gets lots of look I will likely never buy Ford again! Go with the Honda, Toyota, Acura, Lexus or what ever else you are looking at!

The looks of the people I drive past, the exhaust note, speed

Different clutch and shorter throw for the gear box, all new interior materials, better overall build quality, improve customer service, better. Or sell the loaded GT for about $15K brand new and you could say you get what you pay for!