Used 2006 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

The 70's
By Whoa......

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I will be 70 in March and my wife of 46 years will be 69/39 in September 2007. My wife's friends at "Curves Gym" drive convertibles and we had a GT PT Cruiser that was boring us to death. So we went looking for something to make us feel younger and have something we can have for years to come (5 speed 300hp). The car is a 10! Mileage beats our Cruiser in city and highway. "GO FOR IT"

Front end styling. Ride and handling. We haven't even had top down yet (Ft. Lauderdale). Car is beautiful! I have added 2007 GT appearance features.

Shhhh! Keep it a secret. The less on the road the better for me. Friday, in one four mile run, two different Porsches and an older style Mustang convertible gave us thumbs up.

My Best Car in Twenty Years
By Daisy

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

What a great car! Tons of speed, a roomy interior, great sound system, and good mileage. The convertible top is a cinch to operate. And the car is a real head-turner! Expect to get a lot of attention when you're driving one of these.

The convertible top.

I wouldn't change a thing.

My Dream Car
By Jen

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

All my life I wanted a Mustang, and I'm glad I waited till now to buy it. The mix of the old body style, in and out sold me on this model. Handles like a sports car should, road hugging smooth that pulls threw any curve. Power is more than enough, there may be faster, but I don't see people breaking their necks to look at the grandma styled competitors. Going top down is an experience everyone should have. From 6 to 6o year olds, I've had them all point and compliments abound.

Love my Shaker sound system, and red leather upgrade polishes the true look of an American born muscle car.

Would have loved more horsepower, but it's not like you can actually use it.

Stang tastic
By Bob

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

On a warm summer day, top down, music blasting, yet you can still hear the rumble of the V-8 engine. When you put your foot into the throttle it jumps like a thoroughbred race horse. There's nothing like cruising with the top down.

Horsepower, plan and simple. It's the return of a true muscle car.

Can't think of anything I would change.

Can't touch it for the money
By Macdadtexas

2006 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

For what is really an inexpensive car, I have had more fun driving daily than any other vehicle I have ever owned. The level of performance that is available right off the showroom floor for $30k cannot even be contemplated by any other car. Throw in the fact that Ford understands and embraces the aftermarket phenomenon for Mustangs, and that the car is built for add-ons, and it can be a fun hobby. Spend an extra $10k in upgrades and you have a car that challenges Porches, and blows away Corvettes. Great job on this one Ford, now work on the rest of your line.

Engine, styling.