Used 2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 315 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Super Reliable
By Rock

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought it new and have 63k miles. Never a problem. Added some goodies, headers, catback, CAI, 373 rearend and hurst short throw. 360hp. Love this car. I still get comments from people. I have never had a brake job and I'm at 63k miles and still have 20% wear left. Solid, solid, solid is what this car is. I won't ever get rid of it. Best thing Ford ever did.

Convertible and oh so nice by the ocean. Shaker 1000. Do they make anything better? Don't think so. Acceleration and cornering unbelieveable. I change oil every 3k but have had nothing go wrong.

None. Some of my Chevy buds say the 2010 looks a little feminine. Hmmm. Come to think of it, it does a little. Think I'll buy one for the wife!

Great Car
By ChristaK

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It's noisy. It rides rough. It's uncomfortable on long trips. It's great on gas. It looks great. It has not let me down. I wouldn't trade it for another.....Unless it was a newer one. This is my second one. It's all mine. And it's payed off!

Very nice sound system, automatic transmission.

Optional more comfortable seating.

Dreams are well worth working for!
By MustangKenny

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a V8 Mustang since my dad showed me a certain Steve McQueen movie called Bullitt, I just loved the styling and ferocity of McQueen's highland green '68 fastback GT. Nothing else was cooler. Then Ford released the '05 model, now that's a Mustang! Well in a nutshell I found a tungsten grey '06 GT auto with 7k on it and bought it. Best decision ever. I love this V8! It's fast and it sounds great, though mine now sports a cold air intake and Pypes Violator exhaust and it turns heads with it's loud rumble. Also this car is built extremely well. 31k on it and not even a rattle, not a problem. This is one I WILL NOT BE TRADING IN!

The 4.6 liter SOHC V8 is a great engine. 300 hp is good, but it's easy to get much more power from it. Ford Racing, Saleen, Roush, Steeda and many more can up the ante. Also my GT has the best car seat I've ever sat in. Also a very well built car. No rattles. reliability has also been excellent.

Could use an independant rear suspension (though the solid rear axle isn't really a problem) and the V8 could use more hp and more displacment. Radio could use an auxilary port.

First Ford
By spike

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have been very pleased for the most part with my 06 Mustang GT. I think the retro styling of the car is great. It's like driving a 60s Mustang only better. The steering response is great and it corners like a dream. I am 6'2 and have never had a car that felt this comfortable. The Shaker 500 sounds awesome. I have had aftermarket setups that didn't sound as good. I only have a couple complaints. The rubber strips used to seal the inside of the windows scratch the hell out of my window tint when running them up and down. There is a rattling noise under hard acceleration that almost sounds like detonation; but I am running 92 octane fuel and have ruled that out. Very impressed

Love the styling of the car inside and out. The Shaker sound is awesome. The availability of aftermarket parts is almost unlimited.

Other than the previously listed issues; I could only ask for the bigger engine used in the Shelby GT 500. I doubt the cost of that engine is all that much different than the 4.6 to produce. But then what would they put in the Shelby?

2006 gt premium
By mike bohle

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought new, my red dream stang has performed, well, overall. Interior, passenger side vent rattles, interior tail light housing held in place by flimsy, plastic screw assemblies. Closing the trunk causes the rear lights to blink. On positive side, average over 20.5 miles per gallon, everywhere!. Car used mainly to go to gym and back and to the beach on weekends. Runs fast, but interior is noisy. Hope Ford adds interior insulation package to 2010

throaty exhaust,body style(head turner

upgrade interior sound deadening more lateral seat support headliner door handle assists delete back seat-make the stang a 2 seater