Used 2006 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Love My 'Stang!
By grybohhk

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Until this latest generation of Mustang, I have not liked any of the designs since 1970. I opted for the V6 Premium with Pony Package. I have a long commute and gas mileage was a concern. The 5 speed manual transmission gives the V-6 plenty of power. Only issues I have had were poor adhesive on the Pony side stripe and a hose for the emissions equipment came loose. Dealer took care of both of these under warranty. So many aftermarket parts are available to give the Mustang its own personality.

Design/Retro look.

Not at all impressed with the Audio System. Poor sound at high volume. The stereo in the GT is different and probably offers better sound.

Sleek Stang
By Ms295

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my beautiful tungsten grey Mustang for around 8 months now. In that time I have driven it around 15,000 miles and I have enjoyed the ride. This is a great car to travel in and I'm always getting compliments from other people. The car drives really well, with good acceleration and power for passing on the highway. While I love the outside look of the car, there is one issue with the interior which bugs the heck out of me...the dashboard. It creaks, moans, and it seems like it was never really put in the car correctly...or perhaps, cheap materials? I have told my Ford Dealership about the problem and they just act like, "no big deal." Anyways, that aside this is a fun ride!

The look!

Fix the creaking dashboard.

One Bad Yellow Steeda
By ScubaSteve

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just love this car. It's a blast to drive. Add some Steeda magic to it and it leaves the competition wondering "Where'd it go?" A few fit and finish issues keep it from scoring higher with me, but I love it so much, I'm going to get another. A Grabber Orange convertible will be added to our stable of Fords very soon. Look for its tail lights on a street near you.

The mirrors. I love to see the expressions on the faces of those about to LOSE to a 6 cylinder.

Get rid of the 4 gauge instrument cluster. This is supposed to be a sports car. Give it the 6 gauge cluster standard, or at least teach the Ford techs how to install it aftermarket.

Excellent Vehicle
By corey

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have always loved the Mustang and after buying this car I am even more in love with it. From its leather interior to its premium sound to its powerful engine, this car leaves little to be desired from any car enthusiast.

Favorite features of this car of mine are the leather interior, premium sound, power everything. What is more fun about this car is the ability to change my dash lights with the Mycolor option; my favorite ranges from red to blue to green depending on my mood. The engine power is unmatched for a 6 cylinder.

I don't think there are many ways to improve this pony. This throwback design is sure to be an instant classic for collectors.

Giddy Up!
By brenda

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive. Only difficult thing about the car is the seat belt. Other than that it has everything I need in a car. Beats my Mercedes.

Not sure how it could be done in the coupe but the seat belts are tough to grab since they are set pretty far back, even those that are taller and have the seat set back struggle to grab it.